Small shoe sizes being phased out

And then there's funny brands like ann demeulemeester who's 36 is more like a 37-37.5 :(

Also like what psylocke said, they're slowly making shoes bigger and slapping them with old sizes which makes everything SO CONFUSING.

It isn't so bad for 35.5-36 because they can just get insoles plus those heel thingies for some cuts of shoes. but anything smaller and it's custom made or children store.:cry::(:doh:

Kind of off topic, but is there really vanity sizing in shoes as well? I never read about that before other than in this thread, but I've noticed that all the shoes I recently bought were a size EU36 but my older shoes are between size 37 and 38 :huh: It's not like I didn't cut my toenails before or something crazy like that, so either my feet are shrinking or it really is vanity sizing??

Being a size EU36 has been great so far, I always get the cutest shoes on sale, I would hate for the smaller sizes to disappear.

Yes, definitely! I have always been a US5/UK3/EU36. I went to live in Canada. Just before I left I did find that US5 shoes seemed to be fitting my feet less often and, of course, US4 didn't exist many places. Now that I've come back to Europe, in France and in the Netherlands, EU36 is 1-2cm too BIG (I've tried on many shoes in multiple stores because at first I couldn't believe it)! EU35 doesn't exist in most places. In Spain EU36 usually fits most of the time, but sometimes the shoes are just slightly too big that they slip off. I just hope the same hasn't happened in the UK because they have enough nice UK3 shoes and I plan to go shopping there since it is impossible for me to buy shoes where I live! :angry:

I'm fortunate in having size 7-7.5 feet. Some of my friends have size that are size 6 have to hoard shoes when they are overseas in asian countries since shop here if they stock smaller sizes theres only a limited number of them. Then I have some other friends that have size 5 feet and find shopping in the kids sections easier.

I'm also a UK 3 / EU 36 but I have never really had too much of a problem buying shoes, although there is not too much variety when it comes to choosing styles that I like sometimes. (I also find that there are lots of size 36 left in the sales!)

It is definitely frustrating when a brand has a shoe that is a 36, but fits more like a 36.5 (so it is too big), and they do not do anything smaller than a 36. :angry:
Or when a brand like Marsell have crazy sizing - i.e. their size 35 boots fits like a size 36.5/37, so they are still slightly too big, and there is nothing smaller than a 35. :huh:

I have been wondering whether Ann Demeulemeester makes sizes 34/35, since her shoes are supposed to run large. I've personally never seen these sizes, but I would be interested for future reference.

luluposh -- I've wondered the same with Ann D re. size 34. I *never* bother to consider her shoes anymore. I once tried on a 35 and it ran *huge*. So huge it felt like a clown shoe.

luluposh -- I've wondered the same with Ann D re. size 34. I *never* bother to consider her shoes anymore. I once tried on a 35 and it ran *huge*. So huge it felt like a clown shoe.

You have confirmed my suspicion :( I haven't had the chance of trying on her shoes anyway, but I plan on going to Antwerp at some point towards the end of this year, so thought I might get lucky and find out first-hand whether a size 34 exists. We shall see..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->