So You Want to Become a Model? (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

KhaoticKharma said:
Alot of height has to do with how steady you grow... if you gain around an inch a year, you might grow an inch a year for eight years! That means a thirteen year old who's 5'2 could easily reach 5'10, if they don't really get spurts.

It's a shame modelling won't be around for eight years! :o I used to grow like 2 inches a year for like three years or whatever but now my growth is slowing down slightly... MY dad said I might grow like 2 or 3 more inches but that would only make me about 5'6.5 if I'm lucky... I wish I could be at least 5'7 and 5'9 is my ideal height, I have no clue why! lol :unsure: :wink:

Longjumelloise said:
they also run a lot days long after castings and have more exercices than someone who is on his office chair ..

Does the treadmill count too? :unsure:

stylexstar said:
It's a shame modelling won't be around for eight years! :o I used to grow like 2 inches a year for like three years or whatever but now my growth is slowing down slightly... MY dad said I might grow like 2 or 3 more inches but that would only make me about 5'6.5 if I'm lucky... I wish I could be at least 5'7 and 5'9 is my ideal height, I have no clue why! lol :unsure: :wink:

Just love and work what you have

CandiApple17 said:
Hmm...I dunno....I'm 17 and 5'7'' but i've got 40 inch legs from the hip down and I can fit into tall sized pants....so im not quite sure if you would be accepted for runway or not...my agency says that usually designer's don't mind your height as long as your legs are as long or almost as long as the girls taller than you...so i dunno....im with Marilyn btw.:P

HEy your with Marilyn in NY? Do you like it I am thinking about joining them. Also I noticed you are from Maryland which is pretty cool cuz I am from Virginia I have not met a model yet in New York from around my area VERY COOL

Hi, Yeah I love Mariylin NY their awesome. They aren't very picky over things like height and measurements like alot of places are....There going to put me on their webpage soon so that's exciting. I just started modeling with them so I haven't really had much work except a small testshoot and polaroids so far. I only can model part time as I can't travel as much because im only 17 and my mom can't always be with me...next year im modeling full time.

They prefer you send them via mail than email, they didn't even respond to my emailed pics but they responded to my mailed snapshots almost instantly.

Yes definitly, especially over Women, who gave me a callback but when I met with them they were very rude...Marilyn is awesome...

Heroin_Chic said:
Truely a classy place to start a career...:innocent:

Maybe they told her "Eat a Big Mäc girl, it`ll be the last one for a VEEEERRRRRRY LONG TIME!" :lol:

Hahaha!!! :lol: :woot:

Heroin_Chic said:
Imagine the Scout shaking him while shouting "Wake up, wake up! Gucci needs you!" :lol:

:lol: Haha! :P That would get my attention!

funny story, while i was shopping today some lady from a local agency here asked me if i modeled, lol

s*t*a*r said:
funny story, while i was shopping today some lady from a local agency here asked me if i modeled, lol

and how were you "discovered" , the first time? :lol:

My doctor did some formula with my length at birth plus the heights of my relatives ...? Something like that. I suck at math and can't begin to understand it. Also I was 8 at the time. Haha. Also, I'm not sure what shoe size has to do with height .. I mean typically tall people have big feet (I know a guy that's like 6'2 and has size 15s ... oh em gee), but I have 7/7.5s. My 5'2 mom and I share shoes. In fact, some of mine are too small for her sometimes. But fortunately, I take after my 6"1 great aunt and not my tiny mom.

From what I heard, Lisa Cant was asked if she modelled by another model at IKEA.

i was like 12 i guess, my sister did some modeling and the agent there asked me if i wanted a go. so i did, but this past october i was sick of the crap with my "agency" so i went to an open call for mode and its been going up since.

lolalemon said:
My doctor did some formula with my length at birth plus the heights of my relatives ...? Something like that. I suck at math and can't begin to understand it. Also I was 8 at the time. Haha. Also, I'm not sure what shoe size has to do with height .. I mean typically tall people have big feet (I know a guy that's like 6'2 and has size 15s ... oh em gee), but I have 7/7.5s. My 5'2 mom and I share shoes. In fact, some of mine are too small for her sometimes. But fortunately, I take after my 6"1 great aunt and not my tiny mom.

Ahh you're lucky! :lol:

I live in Canada, so would I be better off sending photos to an agency here or one in the US? I'm still undecided as to whether I want to or not, I suppose there's nothing to lose. But I'm only 16, so do I need parental consent to send them? TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->