So You Want to Become a Model? (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

ablutophobic, do you have any pics? I would love to see some, can you post them here? Only if you want...

You aren't the girl in your avatar photo, right? Who is that? She is gorgeous.

Natalie` said:
So, I would love to do modeling , i could never do Catwalk modelling because of my height, so what else do people reccomend ? I`m in Australia so its a bit harder these not AS many opportunites for things

There is also Commercial Modelling. You don't have to have many standards for it but I think it might be for like 5'5 and above... though I'm not positive. Good luck in anything you try though! :flower: :sideways:

IsaMaus said:
ablutophobic, do you have any pics? I would love to see some, can you post them here? Only if you want...

You aren't the girl in your avatar photo, right? Who is that? She is gorgeous.
The girl in my avatar is Heather Marks and yes, she is very beautiful:flower:

This is me http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/ablutophobic/Megan/6b7effd8.jpg

Ford turned me down haha. Another Toronto agency pretty much said they'd take me if I moved to Toronto but I wouldn't move there for that particular agency haha. I'm still waiting for messages from other agencies..

Do you know any child agency? (If its possible, in Europe).

What do you think about the model-child? (When I say child, I mean 11-12-13...) :question:

Ablutophobic, you are gorgeous! I would have guessed that your picture was a models. Thanks for the addresses as well!

Thanks lizloveslife and longjumelloise! My measurements are 32-25.5-36.5 but i'm planning on getting in shape sometime soon.

You look great, you have a beautiful face and I like your natural hair colour :-))

ablutophobic said:
Thanks lizloveslife and longjumelloise! My measurements are 32-25.5-36.5 but i'm planning on getting in shape sometime soon.

oh i am sure you 'll get in shape easily .
If i can give an advice , a lot of professional told me and my fiance that the belly "fat" can be lost easily if you care what you eat :
-not too fat and no viennoisery, bread, nothing prepare with butter and wheat -but only cereals peas lentils ... and a lot of calcium , free fat yoghourt ..

Has anyone heard anything about tempation Management in LA?? I know it is listed on this site but is it legit?

my younger sister

I'm back again with a question. I have a sister, who's 25 and who I think could be a model. She's a bit too short to do catwalk (173 cm) but she looks tall, she has the right measurements (or almost and would if she wanted to), and she looks MUCH younger than her age. People who don't know her very often think she's 17 and this summer someone asked one of my friends if she was her daughter. (my friend is 35) That person actually thought she was 15!
Do you think it would be possible for her or is age really an issue for agencies? Have any professionals here an opinion?
I mean, I'm sure if she enters an agency and doesn't tell her age, people would never guess it.
Thanks a bunch!

It definitely wouldn't be a problem for commercial modelling but I'm not really sure about high fashion but I'm not really the right person to ask. Good luck for her anyways! :flower: :P

erutuoC said:
Has anyone heard anything about tempation Management in LA?? I know it is listed on this site but is it legit?

I've actually talked to them before... they're legit.. but not exactly what I'm looking for....

I got a few more replies from agencies, basically asking for more pictures.

But i'm up at London next week, so I think I'll visit them personally. I'll take my mum with me of course, but I think this should be the easiest way to get a straight answer :smile:

Manuva said:

But i'm up at London next week, so I think I'll visit them personally. I'll take my mum with me of course, but I think this should be the easiest way to get a straight answer :smile:

wow !
let us know :flower:

Manuva said:

Cool! :flower:

An agency is interested... what next?

I have been wondering this for a while. Say a top agency replied to your submitted photos and is interested in you. I have heard they may want you to come and do a test shoot, but who handles the financials and what exactly happens? Do you have to pay for the expenses to move to, for example, New York and live in the city? I have always thought that the agency pays for all the expenses of the shoot, the photographers, make up, etc. and then once you get work, the money you owe them comes out of the first paycheck. IS this how it works or am I terribly missing something? :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->