So You Want to Become a Model? (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Hello everyone! I’m from Turkey and i want to beacome a high fashion model. However, there aren’t any agencies that i can trust. I know that most of you will recommend me to apply for agencies by their websites but i was wondering if there’s something else that i can do. I’m super passionate about fashion and really want to work as a model so i hope that i can follow my dreams. Thank you in advance for your replies :smile:

Hey i’m Kyle i’m from NYC and i been wanting to become a model for quite some time now but i don’t think agencies are interested in my look and i’m very slender ;/

Hello everyone! I’m from Turkey and i want to beacome a high fashion model. However, there aren’t any agencies that i can trust. I know that most of you will recommend me to apply for agencies by their websites but i was wondering if there’s something else that i can do. I’m super passionate about fashion and really want to work as a model so i hope that i can follow my dreams. Thank you in advance for your replies :smile:

I thought Depo Models Istanbul was a reputable agency. Have you tried sending your pics to them?

Being scouted by Jeffrey Tunches/Eleven Model Management, and would like some more info :smile:

Being scouted by Jeffrey Tunches/Eleven Model Management, and would like some more info :smile:
Hi & a very warm welcome to tFS! I’m no industry expert, but hopefully this will help:

First, if I’m not mistaken, this agency is in Los Angeles, correct? LA is quite the blossoming market for models both in editorial and commercial divisions, though it won’t provide many runway opportunities. This agency very strongly leans on the commercial side of modeling, so, if that’s where you feel your niche is, then continue to shoot for agencies along the same caliber.

However, I took a quick look at their website earlier, and there seems to be a plethora of outdated photos, and no bonafide “star” (or any model I’ve heard of previously, for that matter), signed to this agency. If you’re looking for an agency in Los Angeles that is reputable enough to boost your career in outside markets, I suggest clicking this link and submitting applications to those that you feel are right for you: Modeling Agencies - MODELS.com Participating Agencies Directory

Many of these agencies also operate as mother agencies, whose job is to get you placements & work internationally, rather than strictly in Los Angeles. If your nearest major city isn’t LA, then I’d suggest instead signing to an agency closer to you as your MA/mother agency (assuming you’re currently unsigned).

As for Jeffrey, I don’t know of him, so I can’t advise there. If you’re currently communicating with him or an agent directly, then that should provide a general sense of the environment you’ll be around when meeting with the agency.

As always, do be cautious of scams. Make sure the agency has a website, a location, staff you can reach directly, a number or email to contact, and wants to schedule a meeting with you, either physically or virtually (almost all agencies are conducting meetings strictly on Zoom at this time). Don’t pay any agency upfront, and don’t send nude or lingerie photos of yourself during the application process (even when signed, you’ll only have to take fully clothed & bikini digitals - lingerie is optional, and most models prefer to wear bikinis or sports bras as compared to the latter). If you receive a contract from the agency, read over it thoroughly, not only on your own but with someone who works in law (along with your parents, if you’re under 18). Any agency that asks for money in order to attend “modeling classes” is also a scam - these will be taught for free once signed.

Wishing you the best of luck! The industry can definitely be fickle, so if you ever need any further form of education, this forum’s definitely a large help in all aspects.

Does anyone know anything about DNA models? I want to submit to them but there's not much info about them on the internet. How hard is it to get signed there?

I’d say DNA are now the most selective agency in NY based on their development board. There are very few models who’ve signed with DNA who’ve failed to book any blue-chip jobs, even if it’s just walking for a few big shows.

DNA also seems to be one the only agencies in NY impervious to industry drama.

I’d say DNA are now the most selective agency in NY based on their development board. There are very few models who’ve signed with DNA who’ve failed to book any blue-chip jobs, even if it’s just walking for a few big shows.

DNA also seems to be one the only agencies in NY impervious to industry drama.
Thanks for the info! Do they take online submission or walk-ins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"