So You Want to Become a Model? (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Hey Taylor
if you are ever in the Philippines (Manila)
give me an e-mail!
I am managing ed of a fashion mag in manila and we are always looking for fresh faces to put on our pages. we want to be the 1st :-) *before other mags catch up w the model*

we've currently been working with former Italian photog (italian vogue.) Giampiero Gastaldi. He's been in town and we've been using him .

as for aspirants:
i suggest this also:

It is EASIER to break into modelling if you are in Asia-- SINGAPORE, HK, OR MANILA. we have agencies affiliated with US--

here are two we always use to book their models.
1. Calcarries
2. Elan

cheers :wink:

I'm DYING to go to Asia! I really want to go to Japan, its Hello Kitty central!haha My agencies aren't really into the fact of sending me to Asia for some reason. :( lol But if I'm ever in the Philippines, I'll see what we can do. :smile: :smile:

Hey there...

Okay..this is my thing:
First of all.. I live in The Netherlands and I am still in school..
I finally got the guts :D and sent my pictures to Storm and Premier in London, about a week ago..Don't have any response yet..(how long does this normally take btw? if anyone knows..) But my question is this: What agencies do you guys think I should/could send my pictures to, considering the fact that I live in the Netherlands and am in school.. ohh yaeah..I'd rather not send them to dutch agencies, cause the ones I've seen only have models who have done only small jobs.. I could send them to Dutch Elite though, but their website is down and I can't check their adress.. But any suggestions of you all would be more than welcome.. :flower:

..anna

Elite Netherland
Keizersgracht 448
Amsterdam,
1016 GD,Netherlands

What do you think about Skin?

I think you could start with local agency first. :flower: but oh well that's just my thought.

Hope you get response from those you sent soon. :heart:

ok so also try

Select London
Nevs London
Elite Paris
Next Paris

Thankyou !!! For the adress and I realy likd Select Models.. So I'll give it a try.. :blush:

Also, it will take longer than a week for them to get back to you. Some won't get back to you at all if they are not interested

Originally posted by lilliojAnna@Feb 4th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
Thankyou !!! For the adress and I realy likd Select Models.. So I'll give it a try.. :blush:
im invited to their party for london fashion week, u so should come!

Dear lilliojAnna I would very much recommend you to find an agency in The Netherlands first. They can then place you with foreign agencies and you will have a better start than trying yourself.

Good internationally working agencies are:

The Boekers
Elite
Ulla Models
Name Models
Paparazzi
Touche
Max Models

You can find the phonenumbers in the phonebook or the gouden gids.
If you need any more information please let me know!

i also agree you shd start with the local agencies dont leave them out.somnetimes they are the ones that ll get you noticed by the big ones

Originally posted by Acid+Feb 5th, 2004 - 11:05 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Acid @ Feb 5th, 2004 - 11:05 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lilliojAnna@Feb 4th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
im invited to their party for london fashion week, u so should come! [/b][/quote]
YEAAHH!!! :woot:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks all of you.. I will send my pics to some of the dutch agencies as well... :flower:

so for those of you who are in the modeling business, maybe you can help me out. i know there are lots of aspiring models who need prints for their portfolio and it can be expensive. as an aspiring photographer i need models to do TFPs with, but I am having trouble finding any! I want to swing by some local agencies and talk to them, but i don't really know the procedures and what i should bring/say. i'm in a small market: salt lake city, utah.

any advice appreciated :flower:

it's complicated, but-long story short-I suggest taking pictures of your friends and people you know. Once you have a decent selection of these-say, maybe, 15-20 images- I would call the agency and find out if there is anyone in particular who handles new faces (new models/wannabes). I would then explain who you are and that you would love to do some tests with some of their girls and ask if they have anyone available. Tell them that you would love to come by and meet with thema and show them some examples of your work and what you do. They will ask you about a date and then maybe show you some pictures of some girls. You should then pick the girl who you think best fits in with your aesthtic or a particular story you are thinking of. If you have a stylist and hair and make-up lined up as well, they will probably think you are more professional and be more inclined to give you a good girl.

Try and develop a relationship with a particular agent and a particular agency who you think has the girls you like and try to use them regularly. These kinds of relationships are important.

good luck!

Originally posted by sashatheelf@Feb 5th, 2004 - 4:29 pm
move to new york. :wink:
i'm planning on it by this fall. but i cant just show up with nothing to show for myself!

Originally posted by sashatheelf@Feb 5th, 2004 - 4:29 pm
move to new york. :wink:
oh yeah...that too...or Paris :wink:

If you have an extra $50, you could join models.com. Though their message boards are often filled with drama, there are real models on there that do need to update their books. They have models from all over the us, not just in the major modeling city of NYC. :smile: :smile:

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Feb 5th, 2004 - 6:18 pm
If you have an extra $50, you could join models.com. Though their message boards are often filled with drama, there are real models on there that do need to update their books. They have models from all over the us, not just in the major modeling city of NYC. :smile: :smile:
so interesting...I didn't know about this..i'd love to hear what they're thinking

:shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"