Bust: 83 / 32"
Bra: C
Waist: 62 / 24"
Hips: 90 / 35"
Shoes: EU-40 / US-7H
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

12553_70925300-4cf4-427c-8473-ca2fe0ad46a4.jpg

Model of the Week: Sokhna Niane is the Senegalese show sensation loved by Valentino

Sokhna was shot exclusively for MODELS.com by Jumbo Tsui, with styling by Evan Feng, production by Mac Zhou, hair by Issac Yu and makeup by Ling Yi Tai. Special thanks to Mickel Dato at DYC.

interview

Name:
Sokhna Niane

Agency:
IMM Bruxelles (Brussels)
Monster Management (Milan)
DYC (China)

Height:
181cm (5’11.5″)

Place of Origin:
Saly-Mbour, Senegal

Ethnic Origin:
Toucouleur

Birthsign:
Gemini

Instagram:
@sokhnaforreal

How discovered:
When I arrived in Belgium I made several steps to become a model. At that time, I thought why not try other things like styling. 6 months later, I met Carine Caillieret from IMMBXL at the south station of Brussels. She came to talk to me. I thought it was not possible because I was not expecting this opportunity at the station. After 1 year of research and demand, I finally had an agency and I will be able to realise my dream.

What was your first modeling job?
A two-day shoot for AF Vandevorst. I was not stressed, I was excited.

Favorite designer/brand/product:
I like all the brands I worked with. I could not answer that because I made 2 seasons.

What’s your beauty routine?
I use most of the products from Clarins for my skin.

Favorite modeling experience so far?
One of my favorite experiences was the video for Valentino because it was something new for me and I must say that I really enjoyed it. The team was really great and we had so much fun.

What would you be doing if you weren’t modeling? Or what do you want to do after modeling?
I worked in a sewing workshop in Senegal. I made drawings for them. I am interested in fashion so if I did not become a model I would be going to school of fashion to become a stylist. After modeling I would like to create my own brand.

Which brand would you really love to model for?
I don’t have only one favourite. But if I have to choose one, it will be Valentino. I’ve worked for them every season since I became a model. I love the energy from them and it’s nothing better than when you can work with a great team like this one is for me.

Some of your favorite things:
I like drawing, watching movies, do sports, shopping, cooking, reading and I really like adventure.

What are you listening to at the moment?
Kanye West, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Celine Dion. And music from my country too, like Wally Seck, Youssou Ndour, etc… I like to listen to music to relax.

Favorite movie(s) or TV show(s:(
Game of Thrones… but I prefer to read. My favorite book is “Une si longue lettre” by author Mariama Ba.

How was your life different 12 months ago?
My life compared to last year change because I am a model, this year I am realizing my dream. I go on a trip for work and I have great experience of being able to travel around the world to work, to meet new people for my job. I work-that it is one of the best experiences for me. It allows me to discover new places and to know new people in my field.

What always makes you laugh?
I was born to laugh! I need nothing and no one to have a smile on my face. That’s my nature.

Currently you’re obsessed with/about:
At this moment all that is in my mind is success in my career, and in all domains.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
I receive lots of advice from my agent-e.g. it happens to everyone to make mistakes in life, the error is human. I listen to the advice and apply it as much as I can but I’m not faultless

Sokhna_@IMM_3_1600_02.jpg Sokhna_@IMM_1_1600_03.jpg MOTW_Sokhna_IMM_1600_11.jpg MOTW_Sokhna_IMM2_1600_06.jpg MOTW_Sokhna_IMM3_1600_07.jpg MOTW_Sokhna_IMM4_1600_10.jpg MOTW_Sokhna_IMM5_1600_12.jpg MOTW_Sokhna_IMM6_1600_09.jpg MOTW_Sokhna_IMM7_1600_08.jpg MOTW_Sokhna_IMM8_1600_04.jpg

models​

Max Mara Weekend Story Spring/Summer 2020

Photographer: Adrian Samson
Stylist: Martina Frattoloni, Sabino Pantone
Makeup: Gabriele Trezzi
Cast: Sokhna Niane

Design Scene

Various Editorials Sep 2020: Wrong Proportions

credit: models
1380452-800w.jpg
1380459-800w.jpg
1380460-800w.jpg
1380455-800w.jpg
1380456-800w.jpg

i-D Italy Oct 2020: 20 New Faces 2020 in Milan by Rosario Rex Di Salvo

credit: models, i-d.vice
1602513329407-20nel20200415.jpeg

How did you start modeling? I met Carine Caillieret from IMMBXL in Brussels station, she noticed me and started the conversation.
A positive and a negative to your work? I travel a lot for work, I meet new people and I expand my vision. I don’t have anything negative about my job, except for some modeling dynamics.
What’s your first memory of the fashion world? My first memory of fashion is my first job as a model, which we did with a really beautiful team. The experience has opened my eyes to how this world works.
What is the characteristic that makes you a unique model, different from all the others? I am a person like the others, with my personality, my character. But if there is something that makes me really myself, it's my smile.
If you could choose three people (dead or alive) to go to dinner with, who would they be? My mom, my agent, and my best friend.

Blumarine Spring/Summer 2021
Photographer: Harley Weir
Stylist: Lotta Volkova,
Hair/Makeup: Hiromi Ueda
Creative Director: Macs Iotti
Set Design: Emma Roach
Models: Mariacarla Boscono and Sokhna Niane

fashiongonerogue

Exhibition Magazine Mar 2021: The Edge

credit: models
1485645-800w.jpg
1485647-800w.jpg