Sonia Rykiel for H&M

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
SONIA RYKIEL HEATS UP THE 2009 HOLIDAY SEASON FOR H&M, AND UNVEILS COLOURFUL KNITS FOR SPRING 2010

H&M and Sonia Rykiel president and artistic director Nathalie Rykiel are proud to announce that Sonia Rykiel will be the next guest designer for winter 2009 and spring 2010. The French house founded by the “Queen of Knits” represents the distinctive, modern and impertinent spirit of Paris. This marks the first time that H&M has extended its designer collaboration to the world of lingerie and related accessories for women, with exclusive pieces to be launched in-store on December 5, 2009. The collection will be launched in 1,500 H&M stores worldwide and at the same time, Sonia Rykiel will make this lingerie collection available in Sonia Rykiel’s major boutiques around the world - another first for H&M.

Ever fans of surprises, H&M and Sonia Rykiel are pleased to announce a second collaboration for spring 2010, featuring an iconic knitwear collection for women and girls (1.5 to 8 years old) accompanied by playful accessories. This second collection will be launched in around 250 H&M stores on February 20, 2010.
“It is a hallmark of Sonia Rykiel to think of all women because fashion is about a certain spirit more than a question of means. This collaboration fits perfectly with our philosophy. The Sonia Rykiel pour H&M lingerie collection is the ideal way to offer the essence of Rykiel to a great number of women around the world, and a beautiful way to close the year. The knitwear collection is perfect for welcoming a colourful new season,” says Nathalie Rykiel, president and artistic director of Sonia Rykiel.
“Sonia Rykiel is a true fashion icon who invented a signature style around femininity, Parisian chic and modernity - as well as functional, comfortable, wearable clothes. She has an attitude that inspires admiration among women of all ages around the world. We loved the joyful chic of Sonia Rykiel’s 40th anniversary runway show - and in that spirit this collection is all about revelling in great lingerie for its own sake. This is a totally modern, new kind of lingerie look, and when we started to work together with Rykiel on it, we just couldn’t stop,” says H&M creative advisor Margareta van den Bosch. “It’s a wonderful highlight for our main collection.”
Sonia Rykiel’s singular fashion story began at a revolutionary time in France: the extraordinary spring of May 1968. Since the opening of her first boutique on the rue de Grenelle in that time of social upheaval, Rykiel has become an ambassadress of a very Parisian, deeply Saint Germain style, with its hallmarks of individuality, modernity and a certain impertinence that the designer calls “la démode” (“unfashion”). Rykiel signatures include inside-out stitching, a preponderance of black, lace, strass, colourful stripes and, of course, the knit pullovers that have become synonymous with the brand. A flamboyant redhead, the designer is a national icon who has been decorated with many honours; she is also the author of nine books and has consistently been an influential presence on the French social and cultural scene. Since her daughter, Nathalie Rykiel, joined the company in 1975, the house has expanded to include the lines: Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, Rykiel Woman, Rykiel Enfant, shoes and accessories. Sonia Rykiel is the only French group in the fashion industry to remain family-owned and 100% independent.

hm.com

the photos is of natalie rykiel

Attachments

• natalie.jpg
    natalie.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 913
thanks lucy for the post!
good for the girls, but SR's mens are quite boring, colourful border striped sweaters anyone?

i agree. should be rather good. and indeed,for the first time i am pleased they aren't doing men's.

i think its a great idea that H&M has actually decent stuff in over christmas (the last time they did a holiday collection was in 2005 with solange azury patridge jewelry and it did not do well at all as it was no publicized)

for the past several years theres been no compelling reason for me to shop at H&M during the holidays. at ths time they usually advertise very cheap promotional basics that i have no interest in.

another excellent thing is that the collection will be available at the sonia rykiel boutiques. the boutique in my city does a LOT of mail over business (its actually the busiest in the country) so i look forward to shopping in there as well.

^oh wow....and that will definitely create a bit more revenue for the boutiques at a time when designer shops aren't very busy lately.

I think the most interesting part of this Sonia Rykiel range is that it's going to be stocked in her boutiques too! Looking forward to see it. It's a shame we wont see any menswear though, I'd have liked a nice jumper personally...

The Solange range was a nightmare. There was part of her contract which meant the range couldn't be discounted in stores for however many months, meaning it just sat there in stores! It had some good promo work behind it too - Jessica Stam doing the ads etc. It ended up being given away free to staff!

i love sonia rykiel, this made me so happy! can't wait for the collection.

I hope its good quality or at least a decent collection. H&M collaborations tend to be a letdown.

I think that Sonia Rykiel is a very good match for a collaboration with H&M.

In the words of Rachel Zoe, I DIE!:P I am super excited for this and feel that Sonia and H&M are a perfect match^_^ Since Matthew Williamson was such a huge disappointment, I am really hopeful that this collaboration will be a really great one and this time it will include lingerieB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"