hair: Anthony Turner
make-up: Lisa Butler
models: Stav Strashko, Sophia Friesen

Vogue UK digital edition

On the Street: MFW F/W 2016

Photographer: Melodie Jeng

xyicvKLz.jpg

models.com

Finally here she goes again. Noticed her in UK Vogue (by far the highlight of that issue). The backstage close-ups are quite stunning too, hope we'll see much more of her work quite soon.

She celebrated her 20th birthday last week...

Show Package – New York S/S 17: Next (Women)

models

Gucci's New Girl
It started with a catwalk show, and turned into an international campaign - not many can boast such quick-fire success with such a renowned international fashion house, but Sophia Friesen is one of the few that can. After walking in Gucci's autumn/winter 2016 show, she bagged a centrestage role in the campaign (a dreamy haze of Seventies splendour, injected with a heavy dose of electro-glam - shot in Tokyo, it's Gucci's answer to Lost in Translation). A Vogue model to boot - she appeared in the April issue - Sophia's model CV may be short, but it's very, very sweet. Miss Vogue meets the newest member of Gucci's gang.

Congratulations on your Gucci campaign! Tell us about the shoot.

The shoot was amazing! I had never been to Japan before and I'm still in awe by the culture, the people and the food. When I arrived at the airport in Japan I noticed lots of people staring at me, I think my red hair must have made me stand out. One guy even came up to me and asked me for a picture. I'm completely fascinated with Japanese people and culture. It's such an amazing place.

What's your top spot to visit in the Tokyo?
Shibuya - also known as the famous "scramble crossing"! We shot some of the campaign pictures there. It's a very full and crazy part of Tokyo. I could stay there and explore forever.

Aside from Gucci, what other brands and designers do you love?

Gosha Rubchinskiy and Chanel.

Describe your personal style.
I love vintage pieces and men's clothing. I tend to only wear black, white and beige - I like to keep it simple and comfy because my hair is already conspicuous. In the summer I look more chilled and boyish, and wear a lot of oversized clothing. In the winter, I'm more feminine.

Has Alessandro's Gucci-aesthetic influenced the way you dress at all?
A little bit. I fell in love with embroidered clothes and sublime rings.

Who's your style inspiration?
I don't have a special style icon as such. I just look at what people wear on the streets. I like to try new things and also change my style a lot.

What's the last thing you bought?

Black short overalls with white pinstripes.

What do you love most about modelling?
Meeting new people and seeing new places. I love everything that's new.

How did you get into modelling?
Three years ago I walked in a little fashion show for a fashion college in Düsseldorf. Afterwards I did some test shoots with photographers. One of them had my mother agency as a friend on Facebook. They saw my pictures and asked me if I would like to join VIA Model Management and so I did. I later signed to NEXT Models!
http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/sophia-friesen-interview-gucci

Last edited by a moderator:
Show Package – London S/S 17: Next (Women)

models

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->