Sophia Kokosalaki A/ W 2004 London Fw

Originally posted by faust@Feb 19th, 2004 - 5:04 pm
It's excellent! Is it me, or is the collection a little bit like Ann Dem? Not that I think it's a bad thing...
strange you say this ..Sophia used to be a great fan of AnnD. :wink:

Oh yeah! I do remember you telling me that a couple years ago when Sophia first bursted onto the scene. Not a bad thing at all when its someone you consider a hero--its so personal.

Actually,this collections reminds me alot of the calm mysterious elegance of Véronique Branquinho. With a pinch of Bruno Pieters.

Originally posted by Lena+Feb 19th, 2004 - 6:27 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Feb 19th, 2004 - 6:27 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Feb 19th, 2004 - 5:04 pm
It's excellent! Is it me, or is the collection a little bit like Ann Dem? Not that I think it's a bad thing...
strange you say this ..Sophia used to be a great fan of AnnD. :wink: [/b][/quote]
Aaahh, I see... Well, that makes two of us :wink:

shes greek, i know her and i'm very proud of her :blush:

It's sort of a strange moment to bring this discussion back to life now, but I still feel she delivered it right back then - I was browsing through the archives in our store today and saw these beautiful high-waisted wool crepe skirts we still had left from her which I thought were really brilliant in that they had both the wearability to make them relevant for every day and the intricate draping/pleating techniques that are her signatures.

I generally appreciate how she manages to deliver a clean message that is always contemporary and only vaguely referenced.

Scott said:
Oh yeah! I do remember you telling me that a couple years ago when Sophia first bursted onto the scene. Not a bad thing at all when its someone you consider a hero--its so personal.

Actually,this collections reminds me alot of the calm mysterious elegance of Véronique Branquinho. With a pinch of Bruno Pieters.

^^ agree totally.. but has turned out beautiful. slightly off topic but i hate it when designers take inspirations(let it be mood or anything for that matter) and do it all wrong(the cut draping movement etc)..to get what i mean look at Nz label Zambesi..if it means anything that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hillary Daniel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"