• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sophia Kokosalaki Resort 2009

chessmess

Reaction score
From Style.com
NEW YORK, July 15, 2008 – Sophia Kokosalaki designed her debut Resort collection in the grips of Egyptomania. The result? An odd pyramidlike skirt (shaped with a wired hem) and plenty of the pleated numbers for which the Greek-born, London-based designer is known. While she indulged her obsession with drape, Kokosalaki didn't neglect her tailoring skills. She rethought the trench and dug deeper into the army surplus bin with military-inflected leather bombers, which would work just as well slipped over her cocktail frocks as with a pair of black jeans from her new capsule denim line.

– Laird Borrelli-Persson
00180m.jpg
00010m.jpg

00020m.jpg
00030m.jpg

00040m.jpg
00050m.jpg

style.com

I really like it.. i love sophia alot and shes very good at pleasting and draping... i think it shines through in the simplest peices and the sandals are gorgeous

i'm not a fan of anything in post #3, but everything else looks great. nice shapes and colors. and the last dress is beautiful.

i think its very lovely! it's sophia at her most sublime,imo. i really like the courreges-influenced structured dresses and of course her signature drapes. and the tailoring is really the most pristine i've seen from her.

Not my favourite from her but I still find it beautiful. I love the 1st coat posted especially :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
that gold top -pic 4 on first post- yum yum yum ... I like it, as usual tho I dunno which one s the pyramid skirt ...
:P

some good and solid pieces in here... though i think sophia's already done way better with colour than what she had chosen here. that long, grass green dress is indeed an unflattering disaster but i do like the long black column dress, the green bat-sleeve dress and the gold lamé top in post 1. i look forward for her runway collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->