Sophia Kokosalaki S/s 05

i waited to see the whole thing before commenting...because i'm really not very moved by this...i think it's the colours...or lack of...that nude peachy colour pretty much makes everyone look like a corpse...so that is a big issue for me...i would absolutely change that...

the clothes are deffinitley more mature than her past collections... but i don't see anything earthshattering... and i see some real clunkers... i don't know...mixed bag...some pretty things...

i don't like that leather vest over the dress...ususally i would like the hard leather with the soft fabric...but there is no elegance or movement in that vest...i don't think that it's successful at all...so there are things like that that really ruin it for me...i certainly do not think she is ready for givenchy...but i don't think any of the names mentioned are... maybe roland mouret...maybe...

on the Givenchy point, I think I have said this before so apologies for repetition, but I am fed up with seeing talented designers jumping onto the house resuscitation bandwagon. I think she would do better to build her own label, like the Chanels, Givenchy's and Saint Laurent's of the past did. The hope being that in 40 years we would speak of the House of Kokoslaki. I suppose thats what Gucci group did try to do with McQueen & McCartney to their credit. I don't know, perhaps the climate isn't right... Givenchy retired. Why is the brand always more important than its originator? money...as always.

Exquisite, and very pretty, but not as striking to me as her previous Fall collection...

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 6 2004, 06:23 PM
i waited to see the whole thing before commenting...because i'm really not very moved by this...i think it's the colours...or lack of...that nude peachy colour pretty much makes everyone look like a corpse...so that is a big issue for me...i would absolutely change that...

the clothes are deffinitley more mature than her past collections... but i don't see anything earthshattering... and i see some real clunkers... i don't know...mixed bag...some pretty things...

i don't like that leather vest over the dress...ususally i would like the hard leather with the soft fabric...but there is no elegance or movement in that vest...i don't think that it's successful at all...so there are things like that that really ruin it for me...i certainly do not think she is ready for givenchy...but i don't think any of the names mentioned are... maybe roland mouret...maybe...
[snapback]387435[/snapback]​

I totally agree.....It looks nice and all that, but to me, it's nothing special really.... :unsure:

Style.com doesn't do her clothes justice as the photographer shoots from too far. I was looking at the images from Getty and was impressed with the details, the fluidity of the fabric and the surreal colors, but then when the whole thing's up on Style.com, it doesn't quite measure up.

Maybe it will be a grower. I've always liked her. For now, I dig:
00290f.jpg
00220f.jpg

00320f.jpg
00160f.jpg

She's much better than Temperly.

Sophia Kokosalaki: After four-and-a-half years on the London runways, Sophia Kokosalaki decided to give Paris a try. And even before showing her charming spring collection, she was sold. “Now I don’t want to go back,” she said backstage. While, in its usual setting, her collection plays into London’s cool Britannia vibe, seeing it here brought out another side, one that is particular to Paris: the artistry of her techniques.

Kokosalaki’s got old-school skills, and in this vibrant, pretty collection she applied them to a fabulous fleet of new-school dresses. Who could concentrate on the tailored clothes with all those lovelies floating around out there? Kokosalaki opened with a gauzy froth of raw sculpted ruffles, a mini homage to the dress she designed for Björk to wear during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. From there, she went on pintucking, pleating, twisting and puckering like a master. But while she flaunted her talent for serious design, she did it in an offhand, offbeat way that kept graceful party dresses shaped on top and fluid on the bottom. These were the complex, yet commercially viable, items retailers look for from a young designer, and the dreamy stuff that had young editors in the audience rethinking their spring clothing budgets. Bonjour — and brava — Sophia!

from wwd :flower:

Perfect. Just perfect.

The dresses, like the first one, and other pieces had amazing craftmanship with simple designs that was consistent to a theme, which was Sophia's signature style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->