Special Event Make Up - Help & Ideas

southerncutie

Reaction score
All I can say is- HELP! I'm going to a debutante thing on sunday and need help for make-up!!! I'm a guest, so I cannot outshine the debs. I'm wearing a knee-length black dress with a row of grey and clear sequins on the top with 4 1/2 inch black heels. What kind of make-up should I wear- I'm up for anything, any brand! Only catch is, our local store doesn't have YSL! HELP!! :cry: :cry:

you dont need ysl if you have to just go to the grocery store and get some basic black eyeliner and do a smokey eye.... or get some red lipstick and do light on the eyes and dramatic lips... you dont need expensive make up if you get in a bind and need something cool fast.....

A neutral eye with red lips is always pretty and elegant with a black dress.

I didn't mean just YSL- anything, any brand, I'm going to go for kind of a neutral eye and a medium-ish lip....

MAC Satin Taupe and Phloof eyeshadow for a light neutral eye, with a vibrant red lip...Maybe Dior's Firey Red or Urban Decay's Jezebel?

Also, for blush, Milani's Luminous is great...so much better than NARS Orgasm IMO.

If you want it cheap, get yourself the Revlon makeup compact (from the Skinlight collection). They got these compacts which are all on sale and they have in there lipgloss, light eyeshadow, blush and foundation. Amazing color combos!

Get yourself some L'Oreal Lash Out mascara too and some liquid eyeliner and you're ready! :flower:

Get yourself some MAC pigment in frost,NARS eyeshadow in nightbreed,Chanel glossimer in soda OR Dior ultra gloss in a desire for sweets and lastly guerlain divinora all over powder apply these and you're good to go! :flower:

When you really need to be memorable, dramatic, outlandish, ect, what makeup do you go with?
have you ever used non traditional supplies as makeup? for instance I once used gold leaf on my collar bones.

depends on the occasion.
makeup is art to me so whatever i feel like.
no rules. :P

Originally posted by i_<3_chanel@Jun 5th, 2004 - 6:23 pm
depends on the occasion.
no rules. :P
same here :woot:

Originally posted by chocsta@Jun 6th, 2004 - 12:53 am
Mascara, shimmery cheekbones and nude everything else :flower:
what a lovely look, I do the same! :flower:

Originally posted by nuiko+Jun 5th, 2004 - 5:22 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nuiko @ Jun 5th, 2004 - 5:22 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-i_<3_chanel@Jun 5th, 2004 - 6:23 pm
depends on the occasion.
no rules.  :P
same here :woot: [/b][/quote]
same here...and it doesnt have to be an ocassion..i just :heart: makeup so i always put interesting blends on...if you're looking for some you can look at the inspiring makeup thread

as for using odd things..I have used gold leaf, i've used glass beads(instead of rhinestones) even little glass mirrors and tacked it on with some eye lash glue. I've used card making paper flowers, feathers, leaves and whatnot for fantasy make-up for halloween and parties...

For drama, I usually go with a super dark smokey eye in whatever color I feel like (blues, plums, bronze etc.). or I do the Marilyn look-black liquid liner, red lips, etc. Special nights out-maybe some Mac glitter here and there.

hey all, i'm 14 and leaving on tuesday for vacation with my bf and his family. i knnow i cant wear all the makeup i usually do so i was wondering if tinted mouturizer and maybe some mascara would be enough. i know they dont totally care about how i look but i'm not sure what i should do face wise. one day we're going to a water park and one day an amusement park...

what do u think?

sweetie, I'd go w/ the moisturizer, and maybe some lipgloss... the mascara may be unneeded at the water park. :smile:

If you go with a tinted moisturizer, make sure it has a good SPF in it! Other than that, you could just get by with a sunscreen, pressed powder for on the go, some waterproof mascara and a lipbalm or gloss that has SPF in it as well :smile:

Have fun!!!! :wink:

i never leave the house without a little blush...

it usually rubs off eventually...but at least you start off with a healthy-looking glow...and that's just good for the self-esteem... tinted moisturizer w/sunblock is a good idea...but i wold skip the mascara for such active days...

lots of gloss/balm...

I'd go for waterproof mascara, sunblock and chapstick with SPF

Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15
Skip mascara, curl your lashes
Cherry Chapstick- Or Smith's Rosebud Salve,

And don't forget a smile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond