Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue 2004

Atelier

Hoppity Hop
Reaction score
Why am I infusing tFS with a thread about this lowbrow, no-couture publication? I'll tell you. This year Angela Lindvall, Frankie Rayder and Carolyn Murphy made their debut appearances.

I've long dismissed the Swimsuit Issue as irrelevant. There was a time when it meant something but certainly that day is gone thanks to FHM, Maxim, Stuff or whatever new lads mag is the pick of the month. However, I was quite surprised to see the bar-raising presence of Angela, Frankie and Carolyn. Not only did I pick up a copy, but I also saw the accompanying making-of documentary on Spike TV. Just out of curiousity of course.

Angela--as always--looks amazing. She brings her high fashion persona wherever she goes. No surprise there. Frankie's great as well. A bit more fitting to the SI mold perhaps, but still distinguishable. Carolyn, the matriarch at 30, is fabulous. How these three got asked (or asked) to be in this magazine I'd like to know. Is this a new direction for SI or, since the theme is "America," did the editor just need American girls?

Other models of note in this issue are Ana Beatriz Barros (wow!), May Anderson, Noemie Lenoir and for the Bridget Hall fans, Bridget Hall.

Everyone else is forgettable and my subscription to Pop remains safe.

If that photo of Angela is any indication, I might have to go incognito as a 17 year old boy and pick up a copy of this issue... :blush:

Originally posted by foxinthesnow@Feb 17th, 2004 - 3:40 pm
...I might have to go incognito as a 17 year old boy and pick up a copy of this issue... :blush:
:lol:

I didn't even resort to buying a "distraction" item like batteries or a pack of gum.

may_06.jpg

Check out May Andersen.

It's unusual i think to see a model like Angela in SI, but the pics look good.

angela_00.jpg

I love Angela's red retro one-piece in the first photo! :o

My favorites this issue are: seeing all the previous models in their gorgeous body...I wish I could have a body like that at their ages.

I loved Carolyn Murphys pictures, I'd never heard of her until this issue.

Jessica White looks sooo much better without the afro. It did a lot for her. Shes now one of my favorites.

Marissa Miller looks great with the makeup on. Thanks to SI for covering up her freckles and for putting more photos in this issue.

I always hated Elsa Benitez

Yamillas stock is plumetting. I loved her in the 2002 issue
so is Petra's. THey just look different for some reason...

Bridget Hall looks better with short hair

Noemie's OK I guess...But I like Shakara better

thats my opinion

it should not be called the swimsuit issue it should be called the playboy issue..... it is trashy.... come on 4 of them are NAKED! with the bikini like a where's waldo picture "oh i see it it is hanging on a hook".... they would sell just as many copies with a tad less trash and a bit more imagination.

I was wondering if anyone could post the picture of Bridget Hall. She's one of my favorites and I'd love to see her. If not, no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->