Spring 07 wardrobe plans?

fashionista-ta

Reaction score
Anyone feel like sharing spring wardrobe plans? :flower:

I'm thinking of beige/metallic/silver wash pieces with colorful accessories--grass green, red, yellow. Maybe some khaki thrown in there ... :P

Where is your spring wardrobe headed? What have you acquired so far that you plan to use? Existing pieces you want to build on? ... Talk to me ... :wink:

i LOVE it! what a great thread....okay so i've been totally inspired by the soft color pallette from the burberry and marc by marc jacbs runway. so im thinking about lemon yellows, melon greens and soft antique rose and nude. went shopping yesterday too and picked up some really feminine sheer cotton tops in like a greyish purple, nude pink, and a silk top in like a light milk chocolate color. i want to mix the colors in with grey denim i already have, black leggings and dark wash jeans....and with my normal earthtones. just bought a NADJA bag from YSL too in this rich auburn redish-brown too.......

im really focusing on really lightweight, vintage looking tops and dresses layered over drainpipes or leggings with boots or wedges and a cropped jacket/ moto jacket or capelette. so it's girly and victorian, but the jacket gives it some edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking...

More metallics throughout garments galore. Deeper dense chocolate tones and then for an alternate option, monochrome and chrome.

Hints of neon here and there, probably in accessories. Hoping for a pair of metallic suede leather brogues(never gonna happen) and some neon trainers.

That's all I've deciphered so far...need to do more thinking.

PS. Love the quote in your sig fashionista-ta....did you know she was Irish? Or was it half-Irish? Lolz!

I haven't really thought of it that much..
I love the color palette used at Bottega Veneta..
White seems pretty unavoidable tho' I think I better stay clear of white.. Storm and white does not mix..
I guess I'll take another summer of blues.. (eggshell blue, dusty turquoise, dark blue..)

What I have acquired..
Marni top

Picture marni.com

I've been thinking warm neutrals (but little to no beige) in interesting fabrics with shots of canary yellow, muted tangerine and cobalt blue. Washed silk satins, loosely-woven cotton/linen, modal jersey, maybe a little dress made of eyelet in an interesting rich color (avocado??).

I'd like to try and stay away from black for a little and focus on neutrals, which has proven difficult in the past.

It's going to be all about little voluminous dresses in solids anchored by flat sandals and a big, crazy necklace for day or big platform heels in wood and pebbled leather w/big bangles for night. Also, loose, lightweight trousers with sleeveless satin tops with an interesting drape (pockets!!).

I REALLY want something in cream damask shot with metallic, for some reason... can't get the thought out of my head!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am considering buying a couple of lovely 1950's style tea dresses and a new jacket.

I bought a pair of black ballet flats from L.K Bennett last summer and have not yet worn them. I cannot wait for the Spring to come and to be able to walk in them.

barneys.com

Here's an example of what I mean:

Jun, I've been tempted by pastels as well, so who knows, I may depart from this plan and go in that direction instead :wink: I agree that MJ and Vuitton are truly scrumptious this season, good enough to eat.

Dustcakeboy, no, I did not know she was Irish, but I should've realized from her first name :flower: Lots of Carmels in the Irish novels I've read :wink:

What I've bought so far ... last year got Burberry platform espadrilles on sale--they're a plaid that looks hand-painted (I love plaids like that, have a vintage tablecloth that's similar)--ecru, black, green, red, yellow. Got a green croc strap for my Michele watch, and the Marc by Marc green apple pendant watch. I also have red patent Marc Jacobs flats (and a red patent watch strap). Also have a light khaki sailcloth skirt from about 5 years ago and ecru 3/4 length sweater from last year. And black pants from fall a year ago. I really kind of have enough to make this color scheme work without buying anything new :wink:

Am headed to Barney's this weekend, will see what transpires :wink: I am at that point where I really need a killer outfit as I didn't do much shopping last fall & then have worn some things out as well this season, leaving me in rather a bind :unsure:

Ha! I was thinking of that during class today because the teacher bored us to death!

I am going to do high fashion sporty minimalism.

Neons(red, yellow, royal blue), black, white, grey.

Oversized hoodie with skirts and fun tights (DKNY)

Neon color jersey dresses with fun tights (American Apparel)

Trouser shorts or baggy trousers with the white shirt (Hermes)

Ballet flats or wedges/plateform, and of course Converse!

One or two pieces of metalic clothing

no accesories in general or just chumky chain necklaces

well I'm moving to Australia this year, so my wardrobe is going to be quite different

I'm thinking lots of loose, thin fabrics that I can layer

Lots of white, but also lots of earthy but bright colours........coral, light green, taupe, sky blue, brown, amber etc. I want to be colourful but tasteful

I'd like to wear more tailored clothes also as I'm stuck in teenager mode and at the grand old age of 20 I think I should dress more womanly, so things that pinch in at the waist and fit closer to my body

I would also like to get some decent heels and learn to walk in them!

^^When are you moving here? If it isn't in the next couple of months, you might be better off planning your Winter wardrobe! If it is soon though, what you have described sounds fantastic, although in most places it is way too hot at the moment to even consider layering.

probably around July time so yes it will be your winter. But I visited in winter before and its still so hot compared to England!

ah i love threads like this. It's so nice to have a place to be able to say 'oh i'm feeling very marc by marc today'. I was very into washed metallics last spring but they didn't really come through as a trend until now. It's so hard to choose. Thats what I love about fashion right now. You can basically wear whatever you want. Nothing is in or out of style as long as it works for you. All i know is on really hot days i'm going to wear ankle length smocked dress (like juicy smocked dress but longer) made of super light weight cotton to keep me cool with some cute flats.

I'm thinking black and white, classic chic, simple, with gorgeous accessories and materials to make it fun. As long as it goes with my Balenciaga! I'll probably buy a few things in Paris, as well. I cannot wait!

Very clean, hip hop, surfer, but not so much in a grungy style. Neutrals, like white or khakis and really soft, totally outwashed baggy jeans. Loads of splashes of color, lime green, reds, orange, yellow, to go with the Vuitton Pastilles I think about getting. Paul Smith will rule my wardrobe this summer, haha. (Thinking about it, a lime green Moto PEBL would rock this summer...)

White paired up with gold, either accents or full on (I'm already daydreaming about those gold leather jackets from DG next season). Shiny accesoires, little logoing (mainly Damier Azur and the cute Groom line!), Havaianas on my feet (in white, yellow and olive green). Some dark blues and browns to accentuate. Scarfs (those huge, light and fluffy ones in silk), BAPE Hoodies.

I know, I'm so boring, lol.

And I can't wait for summer so I can full on plan what I'll wear in winter!

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about this!

In terms of colors, this spring I want to be fairly airy, meaning whites, creams, pastel yellow, baby blue, mixed with reds, navy and khakis and maybe some olive.

In terms of fabrics, I'll probably go with cottons and linens. I want light fabrics that are very casual and relaxed. Nothing thick or dramatic.

On the style front, I'll be doing mostly simple styles: floaty voluminous skirts, pretty delicate camis, cargo shorts (both short and maybe loose and knee-length) and skirts, simple tanks, light cardis, thong sandals, canvas bags. Not particuarly stylish but comforable and just laid back; perfect for school.

I just had a baby so I am sort of catching up on trends from last year that I couldn't wear...still looking for the perfect pair of slouchy ballet flats...will be wearing those with footless tights and soft dresses..kind of digging the whole edie vibe too with factory girl coming out soon so I'm feeling a bit influenced by that. I just picked up some cheapy fitted rock tees at Target...will be wearing those with skinny jeans and flats or boots. I also just bought a lot of Marc stuff...some soft cotton camis and dresses.

I have a bad tendency to gravitate toward trendy flashy items that are getting a little too young for my age so this year I am aiming to tone things down a bit, a little less label heavy with pieces that can be casual by day taking care of a baby and thrown in the wash or elegant by night dressed up with the right shoes and accessories.

Lastly I'm leaning toward non fussy preppy pieces like simple polos and button down shirts with crisp lines. Again, to wear casual at home or glammed up a bit with the right jewelry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->