Stéphane Rolland Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

ROLL_MW_AW10_0352.jpg
ROLL_MW_AW10_0365.jpg

ROLL_MW_AW10_0376.jpg
ROLL_MW_AW10_0388.jpg

ROLL_MW_AW10_0400.jpg
ROLL_MW_AW10_0410.jpg

catwalking.com

I love it. Similar to anything else or not, those gowns are gorgeous.

wow ! this is something ! like it personnally ! fabric looks great, they did terrific things

The dresses really blew me away. There's that white one in post #2 that looks really wonderful, an Oscar-worthy frock that's the right mix of simplicity and elegance. The gowns in post #10 looked pretty decent too. I like this collection despite the lack of cohesiveness of the pieces (IMO) but everything's done neatly and designed grandiosely. :heart:

I am blown away by this collection. Somehow, I keep on having this image of alien queen wearing this kind of clothes when I m looking at the photos.. I wonder if anyone has the same thought as me...

I don't care if this is like other things .
This is impeccable and out of this world . Amazing !!

love it!!!!

(and i wish someone would wear that last dress to the Oscars!)

That dress doesn't remind me of the Versace in the slightest.
I love this, it's beautiful and it's extremely modern.

Everything reminds me of McQueen and Givenchy for some reason. But this definitely beautiful.

The brown dress with the waves :wub:

eh nothing blew me away, but I could definitely see some of these making red carpet appearances

Stephane Rolland has been around a lot longer than any of the kids you mentioned he's copying. This collection is full of pure Rolland elements, and if this reminds you of someone else it's because he's been copied by them, not the other way around. This is a lot better than many other designers(Dior!) have presented this season or previous ones, so I find it sad that people/press ignore him or consider him to be the in the "lower end" of Couturiers.

Despite what have been said, If you take the collection for itself its such a good one.

It is:
a) Wearable.
b) Obviously couture and cannot be cheaply reproduced or imitated.
c) Chic and dignified and not some media fodder.
Quite beautiful really.
Maybe there is some hope...

Wow! Amazing couture! And I can totally see the last gown on Lady Gaga!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->