Stained Leather Gloves

HBoogie

Procrastinator.
Reaction score
Just a few minutes ago, I returned from the on-campus ABP, where I purchased a sandwich and a soda. Apparently the counter girl had overfilled my drink, because when I got home, my green leather gloves were all wet with soda (Dr. Pepper, specifically). My gloves are a beautiful emerald green, but they now have large patches of dark soda stain on them! :( I was wondering if anyone had any tips or recommendations for me. Is there anything that will take soda out of leather? Or is this a job only for the dry cleaner?

no reason to start a new topic when there is an old one...

I have a similar question, please help :cry:
I have a vintage pair of long leather gloves. you can tell they are used, because they smell funny and the fingertips are kind of hard. Is there any way to make them softer and clean them somehow? they have no lining.

I'm not willing to throw them away, they were almost free and I haven't found a similar pair anywhere

Well... You could wash them in very mild soap, let them dry without excessive heat and then condition them with some kind of leather nourisher.

At your own risk! I've done it myself, but you never know... :wink:

H boogie, I've used apple leather cleaner and it's worked quite well. If you dilute it to half stregth like it says and rub gently it doesnt take the color out, but dont scrub or some color may come out.

urd, I'd try the apple leather condtioner to soften it. I'm not sure if it'll work but it cant hurt to try, I've conditioned all of my bags and it never stains or leave any marks.

Good luck! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->