Steel Panther

Reaction score
These guys are made of awesome, to say the least!!! I got to know about them last September through a friend of mine, who kept posting pictures of the sexy guitarist on a message board and eventually I asked her who he is and, well, I checked the band out and got hooked from the moment on I listened to the first second of one of their songs!
They're, like, my favourite band on the planet these days! They released their first record "Feel The Steel" last year, but have been around as a bad since 2000/2001. Since then they've always played weekly shows on the Sunset Strip in L.A. as well as in Las Vegas, originally starting out as a parody band. Their album made it to #1 on the Billboard comedy charts and I reckon they will become more famous. Steel Panther already are quite well-known in the UK, Japan and, of course, the US, or at least California.
While their lyrics are very crude and definitely not for everybody, their music absolutely ROCKS! Basically, it's 80s hair metal/glam metal/rock/hard rock. They also dress the part, of course. Big hair and leopard skin spandex. :D Nothing better than men in tight spandex, is there!
Their stage shows are incredibly hilarious, the singer has a great voice, the guitarist shreds and the bassist and drummer rock, too. Although, of course, they always say all their instruments are prerecorded on tape and their concerts are only lip-synched and that they only pretend to play, but well, that's all part of the joke.
I just LOVE them!

from wikipedia:

Steel Panther is a parody heavy metal band from Los Angeles, California and are mostly known for their profane and humorous lyrics. Formed in 2000, the band has formerly been known as Danger Kitty, Metal Shop and Metal Skool.
The Aldo Nova song "Fantasy" was remade by the band into a faster paced song for the MTV original series Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory. The remake was released on iTunes on December 8, 2009 and their album Feel the Steel was released in June of 2009.
The quartet began to gain popularity in the Sunset Strip around the beginning of the new millennium under the name Metal Shop (soon changed into Metal Skool, then into Steel Panther). Their lineup consists in vocalist Ralph Saenz ("Michael Starr"), drummer Darren Leader ("Stix Zadinia"), bassist Travis Haley ("Lexxi Foxxx"), and guitarist Russ Parrish ("Satchel")[1]. Despite presenting themselves under different stage names, two members of the band were already known for having taken part in other heavy metal acts. Frontman Michael Starr, using his name Ralph Saenz, had already been part of glam metal band L.A. Guns[2] between 1997 and 1998, publishing the 6 tracks EP Wasted. Before this, Saenz had been known for being the frontman of a Van Halen tribute band called Atomic Punks[3]. Guitarist Satchel was known for having been part of the band War & Peace, founded by ex Dokken bassist Jeff Pilson [4] and for being part of the band Fight, founded by Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford.[5]. Parrish was also a member of Atomic Punks together with Saenz[2].
The band, under the name Danger Kitty, published in 2001 the promotional single "Love Rocket"[2]. Steel Panther ironically declared themselves as a glam metal band which had failed to gain mainstream success during the '80s[1]. This is why their official biography claims they have been active since 1988[6]. Thanks to the use of hair-sprayed looks, leather jackets and zebra spandex and to their experience in the Van Halen tribute band, they finally managed to gain some success.[1]. In 2003 Steel Panther published Hole Patrol[2], their auto-produced debut. A promotional video, directed by actor Dean Cameron, was shot for the song "Fat Girl (Thar She Blows)". The band then began to play in live shows as Danger Kitty, appeared in a Discover Card advertisement and in the sitcom Drew Carey Show as themselves. Their song "FF" was used as musical theme for the MTV program Fantasy Factory. Thanks to their increased popularity their live performances began to be attended by a growing number of fans.[1]. Some celebrities also appeared on stage during their concerts, including Criss Angel, Kenny Loggins, Paul Stanley, Corey Taylor, David Draiman, Drew Carey, Jerry Cantrell, Justin Hawkins, Kelly Clarkson, Phil Anselmo, Billy Ray Cyrus, Tom Morello, P!nk and Avril Lavigne in February 2009[2]. Steel Panther succeeded in becoming one of the most popular cover bands in California, winning the contest of "Best Tribute Band in the Universe"[2]. The band decided to change their name from Metal Skool to Steel Panther in April 2008, making a new debut at The Rockin' Saddle Club in Redlands, California[2]. In May 2008, the band signed a contract with Republic Records (owned by record label Universal Records) announcing plans for a new studio album[1]. The first single, "Death To All But Metal", first appeared on iTunes on 27 January 2009, whereas the album, entitled Feel the Steel and produced by Jay Ruston, was published on 9 June, during the same year [

SteelPanther-04-big.jpg

ifashion.com

f-STEEL_PANTHER24a361ecd0000f5e5.jpg

stormbringer.at

steel-panther-LST066290.jpg

files.list.co.uk

steel_panther_5310947.jpg

contactmusic.com

102463-steel_panthers_617_409.jpg

billboard.com

The lead guitarist: Satchel (aka Russ Parrish). My favourite!! I adore him, he's so fit!!! :heart::woot: And look at his buff arms!! *dies*

l_b68c455588a88e7bc195975547424a3e.jpg

The lead bass player: Lexxi Foxxx (aka Travis Haley)!! :heart: He's so gorgeous and beautiful! I love him so much!
l_db5fb63f20fbf13698c5cd2e3fb242aa.jpg

The lead singer: Michael Starr (aka Ralph Saenz). He's awesome!
l_bcd28da373d83bd0ff575a63b8d366cd.jpg

The lead drummer: Stix Zadinia (aka Darren Leader). He's soo nice! B)
l_ff84ba0bcdaa7196da55f2323ef1c6b1.jpg

Check out their awesome music video to "Death to all but Metal":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfB7vF7nCdA

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alliexcx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"