Stella McCartney for Notify Jeans

retrogurl

Reaction score
STELLA GETS HER BLUES BACK: Stella McCartney is into the power of two. Word has it the London-based designer, who already collaborates with Adidas, LeSportsac and Target Australia, also is teaming up with Paris-based premium denim label Notify Jeans to create a cobranded jeans collection for summer 2008. Both parties were mum on details. Maurice Ohayon, the brains behind Notify, also acts as creative director for the K Karl Lagerfeld denim line. via WWD

*I'm a denim lover and I like Stella McCartney so I look forward to this...*

sounds interesting.... jeans and stella though? Im not too sure about! i wonder why Stella is doing all these side projects?

ha ha! is it really that bad? i think she is ruining her own reputation a bit...

She should just start a lower end jeans line
The reason no body buy's her jeans is because they are so overpriced

Spacemiu I agree with yr point here!
Her stuffs are not amazing in many sences but too expensive!!
We do not support our designers by buying overpriced stuffs!!

haha only her collabos are doing well =X...i guess that's why she keeps doing them, i luv them haha...keep them coming!

i'm not a fan of stella, but i'm curious as to how the jeans will look like ...
and [agreeing with spacemiu and jamieCD] if she'll overprice them like she overprices everything else.

the road will not open so wide for her.. be down to earth please, stella!!!

but the name stella reminds me of the best beer in the world:-P
stelle artois:-P

songbirdsel said:
ha ha! is it really that bad? i think she is ruining her own reputation a bit...

How long ago was it when Gucci Group planned for McCartney and McQueen to break even in seven years? Since then, both have been TOTALLY branching out of their mainline. (McQueen- Puma shoes, Samsonite luggage; McCartney- Target Australia, H&M, Adidas)

And of course, I also don't think we need another line of jeans...:angry:

Most of McQueen's puma's are really fug.

I love McCartney's jeans though, thought about getting the black butterfly pair from the nap sale, but not avail in my sz + still rather overpriced. I still adore her knitwear..

but ya know many ppl are into it esp the yung with no taste.. good for buziness:-P

we do have better taste:-P

here is a pic from wwd. they are $375-395

stella's own jeans are 500$ retail usually.

i dont see what the point of this collaboration is.

Attachments

• notify.jpg
    notify.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 8
here is the blurb from wwd

GOOD JEANS: Stella McCartney and Notify have teamed up for a good cause — and created some great jeans in the process. For pre-spring, the designer tapped the denim house and its technology to create two new jeans styles — a rubberized-feeling cotton with no side leg seams, available in white, gray and purple, and a classic dark blue high-waisted boyfriend silhouette. The jeans hit stores in November and retail for $395 and $375, respectively. In support of McCartney's lifelong commitment to animal welfare, a percentage of proceeds will be donated to animal protection charities.

the rubberized ones with no side seams seems (!) interesting. but i agree. what is the point? She could have produced this for her own house and donated part of the proceeds.

i actually dont feel the prices are that bad. i have a friend who works at the Stella McCartney store here in ny, and the jeans sell pretty well.. and as for business, they are ahead from last yrs numbers tremendously.

Spacemiu I agree with yr point here!
Her stuffs are not amazing in many sences but too expensive!!
We do not support our designers by buying overpriced stuffs!!

i dont see the difference between her and any other designer line..? the prices are all the same.. and that is how we "support" our designers.. buying there over priced "stuff" well those that actually buy it, not those who just talk about it

Most of McQueen's puma's are really fug.

I love McCartney's jeans though, thought about getting the black butterfly pair from the nap sale, but not avail in my sz + still rather overpriced. I still adore her knitwear..

The trainers are REALLYYYY Fug LOL.

its' cheaper to have someone else produce stuff for you than it is to produce it yourself...
especially a company that specializes in denim who already has the production facilities in place...
so i guess that is why she didn't just do it herself...
plus- designer collaborations generate interest and sales...from the customers of both designers...so it's more a marketing thing i would guess..like comme and fred perry..

*i don't doubt that the sales figures have increased...
the collections have gotten progressively better...and are right in step with that sort of 80's vibe that underlies everything right now...

but the prices are quite astonishing to me...
the idea of $400-$500 jeans is really a bit absurd in my world...
and always will be...
the whole denim market mystifies me...:lol:...
it's just jeans!...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->