Stella McCartney S/S 11 Paris

Well atleast Kasia's and Anja's dresses are interesting. Everything else is pretty much a snoozefest :(

very incoherent and strange collection , one part she is trying to be Celine and fails and other putting random cheap orange print dresses ? wth ??

I like this collection, even with that awful Japanese denim, somehow it was a breath of fresh air in Paris.

The tuxedo looks were great and the lemon / grapefruit print was playful and fun. Thank god we have designers like Stella that do not go into their over-intellectualized, over aesthetisized fashion bulls**t!

And thank god she is still sticking to tailored jackets and pants. We have seen enough sloppy tailoring in Paris already. Frankly, Stella's jackets and pants are a stand out so far.

I absolutely agree about the tuxedo looks and the tailoring (at least from what can be seen through these pictures), at last a breath of fresh air from all the supposedly "relaxed, fluid and sporty" (= badly cut and tailored volume on volume creating a sack effect) silhouettes that are being pushed down our throats from many of this season's Paris shows.

I don't like the fruit patterns though, in my opinion they are not succeding to be neither quirky, nor playfully girly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is GREAT! Now they only need to find people who want their hips to look extra wide and their torsos to appear box shaped.

edit: WOW stunning fruit prints, and practical too, because you could go shopping and instead of having to bring a list you just wear that! I will definately be purchasing a Stella McCartney fruit suit and perhaps it could be worn under a Prada Banana Skirt? A perfect combination when paired with a luxurious ShoeHan
Oh god I do hope Karl is doing Pineapple hats for Chanel or else I'll look rather silly next season :(

Maybe we should just wear fruit salad inspired outfits:innocent:

This is definitely a weak collection. I have in the past loved all her collections but this one is regrettably forgettable.

apart from the dress with fruit print...my problem is...WHY EVERYBODY IS TURNING INTO CELINE?!?:huh:

After the Banana's don't mind if I do have an orange.
This collection is very so-so for me as a diehard Stella fan.
I love the prints in general but not sure how well the pants will work off the runway.
The tailoring is impeccable as always but I'm not really liking most of the silhouett. It's too baggy.

the lemons remind me of when she did the fruit collection for Chloe
not liking anything so far

I'd expected more from this, it wasn't that bad but last saeson was superb compared with this one.

This is GREAT! Now they only need to find people who want their hips to look extra wide and their torsos to appear box shaped.

edit: WOW stunning fruit prints, and practical too, because you could go shopping and instead of having to bring a list you just wear that! I will definately be purchasing a Stella McCartney fruit suit and perhaps it could be worn under a Prada Banana Skirt? A perfect combination when paired with a luxurious ShoeHan
Oh god I do hope Karl is doing Pineapple hats for Chanel or else I'll look rather silly next season :(

Okay I love you :lol:

Seriously, this is one hideous collection. And I simply love the progression of it - it started off very minimalistic and clean (my other word for that is pure boring), then came the denim pieces, which honestly make me hate jean dresses the most right now and bam! Finally the grand finale, a grocery shop!
I wish I was in Stella's mind right now. I need a whole team of experts to analyze what was going inside that McCartney head during the making of the collection.

Gosh, is Paris on crack. I'm a huge Stella fan but I just can't take this. It's too weak. There's no punching or pushing or bang! Even the high thigh slit fruit dresses aren't that sexy. And god, those fruit prints will look SO great on every woman!! Really?

I think the print looks bit Cavalli, but i like it.
The cuts of the dresses is really cool. Very fresh, very Stella.

im a bit ashamed of the models wearing that
can u imagine someone from the real world?

LMAO at sethii comments

edit: WOW stunning fruit prints, and practical too, because you could go shopping and instead of having to bring a list you just wear that!
LMAOO

this collection was really bad for me i barely saw anything I liked

I love the tailored suits but apart from that the collections seems to lack feeling. Weird cuts and slits don't help either and the colour palette is very similar to Céline's. I hope HQs make me change my mind because I generally find McCartney a good designer.

Last edited by a moderator:
this AWFUL nineties horrible oversized stuff...PLUS in denim? GROSS

I AM DISAPPOINT, STELLA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->