Stella McCartney S/S 2022 Paris

She has really regressed.
Still a legend.

To me, this show was very hit or miss. All the hits were really strong, for example the tailoring was on point. The misses were too close to Adidas by Stella. I could also live without Jean Paul Gaultier knitwear pieces. Hope Stella will get rid of that sporty vibe next season.

I suppose she's trying to appeal to the early 00s-inspired influencer.. I'm not sure how it will all work out successfully since people are still getting rid of some of their 2004 monstrosities and it's so easy to find all of this at any second-hand store.. or how gifting it to the right influencers would actually influence their followers since their followers are confined financially and mentally to Brandy Melville, but uh, good luck..?.

Why does the casting look so.. budget-y by the way? with the exception of like two decent, recognizable models, it's mostly fillers/leftovers when she used to always have a nice balance between best and promising.

I had been looking at her and Philo's shows at Chloé and this is giving me that same carefree spirit, which I appreciate. All the suiting and the very fresh summer palette are enough to make it, at the very least, passable as a collection...the cut-out galore does make me wish that one day we get whole garments again from designers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"