Stella Mccartney Spring Summer 2005

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 7 2004, 01:13 PM
this collection touches on the mood of this season perfectly. that billowy light optimism everyone's trying to convey. however when she strays into color, we enter unsafe ground. and what everyone must realize about her loose dresses (as well as those from other collections) most would look good with a thick earthy belt. something stella would obviously not show since she is against leather. she lost some of her cool factor in this collection but i still felt this collection was highly personal...i could see stella herself in many of these ensembles (esp. the white and black) :flower:
[snapback]389254[/snapback]​

Seeing the reflection of the irksomely trendy daughter of one of the most un-cool popstars my country has ever produced is what worries me so much...

ok faust...fair enough...

i know she's on the curvier side and she generally makes clothes to hide in...but these are just potato sacks...not flattering to anyone ...any size...yuck... :ermm: :(

I guess I am the only one who's liking her collection. Some baggy pieces remind me of Balenciaga's winter collection.....

I really like Stella's work though, I can see where she's getting her inspiration from and she's using it in a great way.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 7 2004, 01:54 PM
Seeing the reflection of the irksomely trendy daughter of one of the most un-cool popstars my country has ever produced is what worries me so much...
[snapback]389306[/snapback]​

I take issue with that statement. What does her dad have to do with the designs? :huh:

I must add, I think Sir Paul is quite cool and why the Brits take such pleasure in trashing him I really don't know. :innocent:

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Oct 7 2004, 04:13 PM
I take issue with that statement. What does her dad have to do with the designs? :huh:

I must add, I think Sir Paul is quite cool and why the Brits take such pleasure in trashing him I really don't know. :innocent:
[snapback]389456[/snapback]​

Because he's the only reason anyone this side of Proxima Centauri has ever heard of Stella, IMO.

Because although musically talented, without John's influence he's unbeliveably, horrendously, trashily naff.

I liek it, it's obviously not great design, but it's cute

much better than last falls crap ( exept for the sweters)

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 7 2004, 04:20 PM
Because he's the only reason anyone this side of Proxima Centauri has ever heard of Stella, IMO.

Because although musically talented, without John's influence he's unbeliveably, horrendously, trashily naff.
[snapback]389466[/snapback]​

Your first statement in probably correct. Name and connections seem to be more important than actual talent these days. The world is just too celebrity obsessed. That isn't her fault, though-it's society's fault.

Your last statement I won't even bother to reply to. I have learned my lesson about trying to have conversations with Lennon fans. :nuke: :innocent:

she's gone from this:
100101786.jpg

to this:
100119416.jpg

to this:
00050f.jpg

to what we see this season. it's just not coherent; there's no flow from season to season.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 7 2004, 05:20 PM

[snapback]389466[/snapback]​

i don't agree with that statement about paul at all. john was not the end all be all of the beatles. every member brought talent to the band. paul happened to be the one that wrote the most amazing melodies. paul was the composer in the group. it really can't be disputed that much.

Originally posted by asta@Oct 7 2004, 05:02 PM
i don't agree with that statement about paul at all. john was not the end all be all of the beatles. every member brought talent to the band. paul happened to be the one that wrote the most amazing melodies. paul was the composer in the group. it really can't be disputed that much.
[snapback]389507[/snapback]​

What? When did I say that? I hate all of the Beatles with a passion. However, John was the cool one and Paul was the musical one.

-_-

and what's up w/ that floral? That's something my grandmother would wear... :shock: :flower:

Thanks for posting

The makeup and hair for the show is lovely :flower:
I appreciate that there's a lot of movement in her clothes, but other than that I don't really like the designs :unsure:

I actually think there are quite a few pieces that are quite nice. Don't like the swimwear bottoms though

holy hell!
the worst swimwear i've ever ever seen - the models had wedgies on the catwalk!

mccartney.jpg

Excuse my language, but this is crap!!! Expensive, "organic" potato sacks, lol (well put softgrey).

The concept is all Chloe, but maybe because her design team isn't as strong now, the outcome falls short from expectations. The last three collections were sort of promising, but then she went back to this amorpheous, mannish trend again. Ugh. What happened to the trousers that made her name in the first place?

But off the runway, she still wears her clothes incredibly well, sigh.

Hm...I don't like this season at all. I've liked some of her collections in the past, but this seems really bland, really disjointed...:: sigh ::

Originally posted by o2w@Oct 7 2004, 08:57 PM
holy hell!
the worst swimwear i've ever ever seen - the models had wedgies on the catwalk!
Their butts appear saggy, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->