Stella's Perfume

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
well, Stella lovers, the girl has her own perfume now, here you go
"The biggest inspiration for the perfume -- and my own personal goal -- was to create a perfume that I would (obviously) want to wear," said McCartney about the fragrance. "I wanted a smell that reflected my English side, something very traditional. At the same time I wanted to take my favorite smells and put them together in the same way that I use opposites and contradictions in my fashion design."

For Stella -- the person, not the juice -- growing up in the English countryside meant her mother, the late Linda McCartney, always had a vase full of freshly cut English roses on the table. "It's just the smell I grew up with," she said, clutching her heart in remembrance. Continuing with the rose motif, McCartney gave the perfumer a picture that depicts an old rose the moment before the petals collapse. "I wanted to capture that beauty and fragility. That moment of perfection."

To embody that image, McCartney used Rose Essence for Stella's top notes and Rose Absolute for the heart notes. But wanting to add a bit of "seductive, delicate and confident combination," McCartney injected pure amber, known for its woody scents, into the base notes.

The careful attention to detail that McCartney uses for her cool, chic clothing was also used in the design of the bottle. A self-professed lover of Lalique, McCartney mimicked the crystal company's crisp edges and facets to fashion the eau de parfum bottle, which is a smoky plum in color and diamond in shape, complete with a silver choker around the cap. Foregoing a traditional spray pump, Stella used a perfume applicator because, "It's much sexier than spraying. There is something dangerous about it." (love the idea)

The last of Yves Saint Laurent's three emerging fragrance brands -- Ermenegildo Zegna, Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney -- Stella will also have a line of ancillary products to add to the fragrance. But in true politically correct, animal cruelty-free Stella McCartney style, the soft body milk and body cleanser contain ingredients that are 95 percent natural and 15 percent organic.

And the ad campaign, which was shot as if looking through the facets of the perfume bottle, shows a svelte and sleek image of a naked woman posed with her arm draped up against a wall using the same plum coloration found on the bottle. Answering the questions that the image asks, "Who is this woman as she dances behind a veil of light and color?" McCartney coyly told FWD, "This image isn't me...what are you talking about?" with a wink and a smile.

from FWD

The bottle is a little stale, but I'd love to smell it anyway. I love rose and wood. :heart:

Thanks for posting this, Lena.
:flower:

the bottle is a bit so-so :rolleyes: very 30s style but sure -even though I'm not a Stella gurl- I wouldn't mind trying this asap :lol:

i hope it will be out by next month when i'm off to my South of France vacations :heart:

The bottle looks so . . . :huh: ! It looks so cheap the bottle, surprised Tom Ford did not change anything? :P But it is whats inside that counts looking forward to her perfume. :wink:

Lena yur so lucky you are going to the south province of France! :woot:

the bottle is a bit gloria vanderbilt :huh: i want smell this tho' :innocent:

I read an article somewhere where the write described the bottle as something like a "gay hand grenade." :lol:

Originally posted by HBoogie@Jun 28th, 2003 - 3:59 am
I read an article somewhere where the write described the bottle as something like a "gay hand grenade." :lol:
:rofl: :woot: :lol:

Another picture. ..

062703.jpg

The bottel shoudl be more modern, but the scent sounds very nice.

The bottle looks better in the second pic, but I still don't like the cap.

Originally posted by mishaktty@Jun 29th, 2003 - 2:39 am
The bottle looks better in the second pic, but I still don't like the cap.
Yes, the cap looks plastic to me... :unsure:

Actually I think the bottle suits Stella's style perfectly. I saw her new London store on her video dairy that was showed on the BBC last week, and the it also mixes modern and antique furniture.

I love the design of the bottle, actually... :innocent:

i smelled this last week while in Paris where the perfume is been strongly promoted.
At first it hit me like a Comme Des Garcons smell then the roses came too strong.
It's quite baroque if that mean anything to you, not bad but not very 'modern' for my taste (that is no universal truth :lol: )

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 24th, 2003 - 11:55 am
i smelled this last week while in Paris where the perfume is been strongly promoted.
At first it hit me like a Comme Des Garcons smell then the roses came too strong.
It's quite baroque if that mean anything to you, not bad but not very 'modern' for my taste (that is no universal truth :lol: )
Totally agree. It is a lighter version of Cdg Red Rose.

I dont like it, I tried today and its not a nice and original fragrance :(

I tried it a while ago,and I'm not fond of it either :huh: ,but I love the bottle!! :heart: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carluaz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->