all pics from yahoo:

r474183344.jpg

r601779906.jpg

r2701404972.jpg

r2306845796.jpg

r2254420269.jpg

r2918943629.jpg

^ I'm liking that photo! So fierce!
That red dress is stunning! I can't wait to see the whole collection!
:heart:

It looks pretty basic for haute couture but I really, really adored the first look! (aside from the color)
Magnificent, I want to see more!
Haute Couture showings are a time of the year for me, a day when the heavens meet the earth. I love it.

capt.b38eceddcfe54c809ab6a187c7d5d163.france__fashion_dlm111.jpg

Models are seeen at the end of the presentation of the Haute Couture Spring-Summer 2009 collection by French fashion designer Stephane Rolland in Paris, Monday Jan. 26, 2009.

Wowo, I love the pleating and the structure.. Looks great!

I love this collection even more now-- how adorable! The second dress down on the left side of ediewarhol's post is gorgeous! :heart:
Thank you! :wub:

The pleats and paper-like texture are fascinating. I would love to see some detail shots of these.

PARIS – French designer Stephane Rolland made his debut Monday as a full member of the elite club of grands couturiers, sending out an imaginative collection of cocktail dresses and evening gowns that played on bold beadwork and unexpected elements like bustles and capes.
Rolland cited Constantin Brancusi as an inspiration for the collection shown on the opening day of Paris haute couture week, and the influence of the Romanian-born sculptor was clear in the show's big, bold volumes and harmonious lines.
A stiff cone-shape panel emerged from the bust of a strapless shift dress and, curling ingeniously around itself, attached to the hemline.
Another shift dress in fire engine red had a bustle-like drapery that emerged from the shoulders and attached to the hemline, creating a sort of chic superhero cape. One show-stopping look improbably melded a one-shoulder evening gown with a pantsuit.
Lozenge-shaped leather discs covered a sleeveless organza evening gown in an intricate scale pattern.
Artful mosaic beadwork also adorned the hemline of many of the other floor-length dresses, making tinkling sounds as the models strutted their stuff. At the end, the catwalk was littered with sparkling beads and rhinestones that had popped off during the show.
The collection, which opened with 10 little back dresses, was heavier on daywear than most haute couture shows, in what was perhaps a concession to the current hard economic times.
But don't tell that to Rolland. The designer bristled at talk of the economy, saying he was "sick and tired of hearing the word 'crisis.'"
"That word is like a hammer that keeps hitting me on the head till I fall down," said Rolland. "We have to fight and the best way to do that is to go ahead and be positive."
Monday's show, which was held in the Palais de Tokyo, was Rolland's first since being admitted to the select group of haute couture labels. Rolland, a former designer for French house Jean-Louis Scherrer, had previously shown his haute couture line as an invited member — not an official one.
Other official members include heavy hitters like Chanel, Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix and Givenchy

I really like the last four in #14.

Thank you Edie for posting these, by the way. I wish I could give you karma but it won't let me.

PARIS – French designer Stephane Rolland made his debut Monday as a full member of the elite club of grands couturiers, sending out an imaginative collection of cocktail dresses and evening gowns that played on bold beadwork and unexpected elements like bustles and capes.
Rolland cited Constantin Brancusi as an inspiration for the collection shown on the opening day of Paris haute couture week, and the influence of the Romanian-born sculptor was clear in the show's big, bold volumes and harmonious lines.
A stiff cone-shape panel emerged from the bust of a strapless shift dress and, curling ingeniously around itself, attached to the hemline.
Another shift dress in fire engine red had a bustle-like drapery that emerged from the shoulders and attached to the hemline, creating a sort of chic superhero cape. One show-stopping look improbably melded a one-shoulder evening gown with a pantsuit.
Lozenge-shaped leather discs covered a sleeveless organza evening gown in an intricate scale pattern.
Artful mosaic beadwork also adorned the hemline of many of the other floor-length dresses, making tinkling sounds as the models strutted their stuff. At the end, the catwalk was littered with sparkling beads and rhinestones that had popped off during the show.
The collection, which opened with 10 little back dresses, was heavier on daywear than most haute couture shows, in what was perhaps a concession to the current hard economic times.
But don't tell that to Rolland. The designer bristled at talk of the economy, saying he was "sick and tired of hearing the word 'crisis.'"
"That word is like a hammer that keeps hitting me on the head till I fall down," said Rolland. "We have to fight and the best way to do that is to go ahead and be positive."
Monday's show, which was held in the Palais de Tokyo, was Rolland's first since being admitted to the select group of haute couture labels. Rolland, a former designer for French house Jean-Louis Scherrer, had previously shown his haute couture line as an invited member — not an official one.
Other official members include heavy hitters like Chanel, Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix and Givenchy
Is that supposed to be a good thing?!? :huh:

That's like the antithesis of everything couture is supposed to be about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"