Stephane Rolland Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

sooo beautiful!! somehow this whole collection reminds of Lanvin, but in a very good way. very elegant and wearable, and feminine.

I was a little put off by the idea of everything falling off or popping off as well here.
I will probably feel differently if I see a video of everything falling off during the show, but either way, it looks brilliant from the catwalk pictures. Thank you, ediewarhol, for all of your kindness in posting them!

It's stuning, the paper like pleats...the shoulders...the final dress...:heart:

Too much architecture, not enough clothes. When a dress comes to resemble a staircase you know it's gone too far.

beautiful pleating with paper like fabric. and the black jacket with pleated collar on one side..that i am so loving!!!

Too much architecture, not enough clothes. When a dress comes to resemble a staircase you know it's gone too far.
I do not agree. The "staircase" dress is the one I like most. (I like architecture a lot though :wink:) Most of the dresses I like. Except for some of the red ones.

Not really into this. One or two of the pieces remind me of Giambattista Valli and another reminds me of a dress Facchinetti did for that Valentino couture show.

I'm super excited to see another fantastic collection from Stephane Rolland. Not liking everything, but it's pretty amazing :wub:

I really like it. Some of the designs look a bit too CK-wannabes (and CK is not that good to begin with), but mostly, pieces are gorgeous. I especially love that first dress and pretty much all the ones with that paper-like decoration.

Looking at this, and even at some of the stuff I remember from when he was at Scherrer, it all seems so self consciously "couture", like he's designed this collection as proof that he worships at the alter of Balenciaga without actually bothering to make those Balenciaga references into something he can call his own.

This wouldn't even make a good RTW collection.

I love the embellished shoes, and I love the two looks on Sessilee, but I'm not wowed by anything else, really.

This is turning out to be an incredibly sucky day.

I don't mind this, it's simple compared to the couture I know, which is always better. Doesn't have the best silhouettes though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->