Stephanie Seymour Divorcing her Billionaire Husband

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
SUPERMODEL Stephanie Seymour is getting divorced from her polo-playing husband Peter Brant after 16 years of marriage and three children -- but they are still living under the same roof in the marital mansion in Greenwich, Conn.
"It's OK. I'm sleeping in the maid's quarters," Seymour told a friend. "I'm doing the best I can to keep things amicable. I want to be the bigger person. But it's tough. He's playing very dirty with me."

Seymour -- a top model since she was 16 and dating Elite Models boss John Casablancas -- was a Victoria's Secret Angel and a Sports Illustrated swimsuit pinup. She dated Axl Rose in the early 1990s and starred in two Guns N' Roses videos before meeting Brant, who was married and had five children.
Brant -- who collects art, owns thoroughbred racehorses and publishes Interview and Art in America magazines -- made his fortune with his White Birch Paper Co., which operates six pulp and paper mills. Brant was jailed briefly for tax evasion in 1990.
Fiercely competitive on the polo field, Brant is also playing for keeps since Seymour filed for divorce two months ago. A friend said she has come home to discover the locks had been changed.
The parties are due in court in Greenwich on Monday, and the litigation is expected to be bitter, with Brant challenging her for custody of their three children -- Peter Jr., 15, Harry, 12, and Lilly, 4 -- by accusing Seymour of being an unfit mother.
"He's got the children involved, and it's not fair to them," said a friend of Seymour's. "She's a big girl and she can take care of herself, but when it comes to her kids, I don't know what's going to happen."
Seymour declined to comment, and her lawyer Tom Colin didn't get back to us. An executive at the White Birch Paper Co. told us Brant "is not available."

nypost.com

More drama for Interview magazine. Brant owns Interview. Stephanie is an editor of sorts at Interview. So is she going to leave the magazine?

They might as well just pull the magazine with all the foolishness that has been happening to it.

Well best of luck to both of them, and especially to their children.

^My first thought was Interview magazine too. Isn't she contributing fashion editor there?

Brant challenging her for custody of their three children -- Peter Jr., 15, Harry, 12, and Lilly, 4 -- by accusing Seymour of being an unfit mother.

Wow. This is going to be messy :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I know this is shallow but I don't really care. Have any of you seen what Peter Brant looks like.

A garden gnome that's what. I still can't believe he got a SUPERMODEL.

He should thank his lucky stars Stephanie Seymour looked at him let alone married and had children with him.

I would bet money that she spends more time with their kids than him but then she did start dating him while he was married so this could be a "what goes around comes around".

Oh, This is going to be a messy one, but I always think that is better for the children to stay with their mums.

Ok I know this is shallow but I don't really care. Have any of you seen what Peter Brant looks like.

He should thank his lucky stars Stephanie Seymour looked at him let alone married and had children with him.

Well, just look at her previous choice: Axel Rose. Disgusting, white trash, androgynous in a creepy way.

I wonder why they're divorcing...
Regardless, I feel for her. I hope things turn out well for her.

There was an interview of her on fashiontelevision one time, a few years ago, and she was so so rude to the woman asking her questions. She just asked why Steph liked Marc Jacobs or what made him special and Stehapnie really acted so over the top, like The Countess on Real Housewives. I thinks she took her status as Billionaire's wife too seriously.

They both obviously went into the marriage for different reasons.

ChaChing!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Need I say more?

Oh, This is going to be a messy one, but I always think that is better for the children to stay with their mums.

I won't even begin to go into all the reasons why that statement is wrong.

I was SHOCKED when I heard about this. They seemed like such a happy nice couple, for a billionaire and a supermodel at least. And Stephanie seems like such a genuinely nice, fun person. But then again, many people put on fronts She may be a total crazy ***** behind closed doors. I really would like to know why Brant called her an "unfit mother." It can't be as bad as Britney, can it???

I wonder if the wuote about her "living in the maid's quarters" was deliberate to garner sympathy. Because if it's true, than Brant is despicable. Or Stephanie really did something terrible.

i found a picture of them on the web. I had no idea that the father of those adorable kids looks like that. :woot: I can`t believe she married somebody looking like that! (source celebrity.rightpundits.com)

Attachments

• Stephanie_Seymour_3.jpg
    Stephanie_Seymour_3.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 11
he doesnt seem that bad from that picture :unsure:
so he made billions from playing polo?

^^^ Nope. From the OP:

Brant -- who collects art, owns thoroughbred racehorses and publishes Interview and Art in America magazines -- made his fortune with his White Birch Paper Co., which operates six pulp and paper mills.

$$$$$$$ anyone?

and din't she get with him while he was married?
she did the same trick when she was 15 with that model agency owner.

She is no saint and even Axel said that she was verbally and physically abusive. the whole thing should be entertaining but sad for the kids because she doesn't seem like one who holds back.

i found a picture of them on the web. I had no idea that the father of those adorable kids looks like that.
w00t.gif
I can`t believe she married somebody looking like that! (source celebrity.rightpundits.com)

O_O

Well, at least we can rest assured all the beautiful women aren't taking away all the good-looking guys.

wow.

their (or his) art collection alone is worth zillions.

UPDATE

Stephanie Seymour, Peter Brant divorce gets ugly in Greenwich

By Debra Friedman
staff writer
Posted: 06/05/2009 09:53:23 PM EDT
Updated: 06/06/2009 06:15:24 AM EDT

An already messy divorce just got nastier after Greenwich police arrested one of Peter Brant's private security guards Thursday night for allegedly shoving Brant's estranged wife, Stephanie Seymour, into a door during an altercation, according to exclusive information obtained by Greenwich Time.

Police were called to the newsprint magnate's North Street estate twice Thursday, part of a continuing string of incidents since the famous couple filed for divorce in March, including one in which Seymour claimed Brant was tracking her using a GPS unit.

Brant owns the Greenwich-based White Birch Paper Co., one of North America's largest producers of newsprint, and Brant Publications Inc., which publishes the magazines Interview, Art in America and Antiques.

"This is not the first time we've been out there," said Lt. Richard Cochran.

On Thursday, several patrol cars arrived at the backcountry estate after the former model's assistant called 911 around 6 p.m. alleging that the guard, Joseph Babnik, attempted to block Seymour, 39, from entering the main house and shoved her into a screen door as she attempted to get away from him, police said Friday.

Brant, 62, was out of the country Thursday, according to his representatives. The couple has remained on the same estate living in different houses since filing for divorce.

Seymour's assistant told police she heard "banging and screaming" during Thursday's incident before Seymour yelled for her, according to police.

Babnik, 50, of Carmel, N.Y., was watching the estate while Brant was away to protect the property, police said. Babnik told police he did not touch Seymour, but fell into the door while attempting to block her from entering. The security guard claimed Seymour had taken a slip of paper from him and he was attempting to get it back. Cochran said officers at the scene did not locate any such item, but found the screen door had been ripped as result of the struggle.

Babnik was charged with disorderly conduct and issued a misdemeanor summons at the scene, police said.

Several hours later, police were called to the house again after a 911 call reported another verbal altercation between Seymour and a different security guard after the former Victoria's Secret model asked him to leave the property. Cochran said no one was arrested in that incident. Officials did not know how many people make up Brant's security team.

Thursday's chaotic episodes at the residence were just the tip of the iceberg, according to police, who have been called out for varying disturbances in the last several weeks. Last month, police were called to investigate a vandalism incident in which a car windshield on the property was smashed by a baseball bat, according to police.

Police also said Seymour had recently filed a complaint that Brant was tracking her using a GPS unit placed underneath her car. Cochran said police investigated the claim, but told Seymour they could not press charges because the car was registered to her husband.

"She came to us to make a complaint that the GPS was placed on her car," said Cochran. "A private investigator found it under there. We told her there is nothing we can do."

Stamford-based criminal defense attorney Mark Sherman, who is representing Seymour relating to the criminal matters, said Friday that the multiple incidents have caused Seymour to fear for her safety.

"The situation has escalated to a point where Ms. Seymour is gravely concerned for her and her children's safety," said Sherman. The couple have three children, ages 4, 12 and 15.

"Divorces are tense for any family -- however, the scare and surveillance tactics going on here are dangerous and flagrantly criminal," the attorney added.

Sherman described the amount of security Brant has placed on the property as "overkill."

"What's next? Bodyguards for his bodyguards?" said Sherman.

However, Brant's spokespeople denied the use of a GPS tracker and pointed out that Brant was out of the country when Thursday's event took place.

"Peter Brant was 3,000 miles away in Europe at the time of this incident," said his spokesman, Howard J. Rubenstein. "He knew nothing about it and was not involved in any way. It's embarrassing and unfortunate that this incident happened involving his estranged wife Stephanie Seymour."

"Peter Brant did not place a GPS tracking device on Seymour's car. He absolutely denies that," added Rubenstein.

Rubenstein said the truck that was vandalized did not belong to Brant, but one of his employees.

The couple, who were married in Paris in 1995, filed for divorce March 24, citing that their 14-year marriage had "broken down irretrievably." In divorce papers filed in state Superior Court in Stamford, the bitter feud is evident, as Brant has asked a judge to order Seymour to undergo drug and alcohol testing, while Seymour is asking that Brant be tossed out of their home because of his "threatening" behavior.

Babnik is scheduled to appear in state Superior Court in Stamford on June 11.

source: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/ci_12532002

I'm sure their neighbors just love them...isn't Greenwich snooty enough to live in? They must be the talk of that town...

Oh dear, that is ugly. Hope everyone makes it safely out of this. Seems like it was long overdue.

How awful for Stephanie! That man sounds vicious and (not that i know anything) but it seems like it was a very emotionally if not physically abusive household :furious:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->