Steve Madden - Design Your Own

SomethingElse

Press escape to continue.
Reaction score
http://www.stevemadden.com/customization.asp

PIMP YOUR PUMP
MADDEN SERVICE LETS SHOPPERS CUSTOMIZE HEELS LIKE SNEAKERS
By DANICA LO June 13, 2007

Two years ago, when Nike I.D. opened its invitation-only doors in NoLIta, boys clamored and cried for appointments to customize their own kicks. The ensuing pandemic of design-your-own-shoe opportunities - Converse, Adidas and Puma all offer the service now - fostered a Generation Me of sneakerheads obsessed with one-of-a-kinds.

Now it’s the ladies’ turn.

Steve Madden’s groundbreaking “Design Your Own” collection is a Web-only program that allows customers to choose from among hundreds of leathers, fabrics, heels, trims, finishes, and even insoles to create a unique pair of stilettos, flats, wedges, slides, mules or platforms.

And, while traditional custom-ordered shoes can cost hundreds of dollars and require several months’ wait, Madden’s customers can expect to pay between $90 and $130 and receive their shoes in only three weeks.
“We’ve had over 100,000 requests,” Steve Madden says. “Reactions [have been] enormous.”

We clocked some time on stevemadden.com designing our very own shoes - not only is the program useful for creating your very own fantasy sandal, but it’s also great for creating interpretations of super-expensive designer shoes that would ordinarily break the bank.

“‘Design Your Own’ allows our customer the opportunity to express herself individually and stand out from the crowd,” Madden says. “Giving her the power to personalize a shoe she loves and providing an outlet for creative design is very exciting to me as a designer.”

nypost.com/seven

hey, well isn't that affordable :brows:

They're still not within my budget, but it's nice to know that designers are attempting to make cheaper shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madame Gres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->