Steven Meisel - Photographer

OMG this is major!!!!

While searching for this book on Amazon, I also found this listing:

https://www.amazon.nl/Steven-Meisel/dp/0847844579/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3L1VZARLANWUE&keywords=steven+meisel&qid=1682760105&sprefix=steven+meisel,aps,93&sr=8-1

This is not real right?
This book was set to be released in 2015 by Rizzoli, to coincide with his Pirelli Calendar that was also released that year, but for various reasons the book never came to fruition.

Steven's oeuvre is so expansive that it's difficult to condense into a single publication without making it ridiculously large. This is the primary reason we are unlikely to see a complete retrospective any time soon...there's just too much to go through. The strategy now is to focus on specific moments and relationships in his prolific career, which we see with the Meisel 93 exhibition and now the Linda book. It makes the curation process a lot easier for publishers, Steven and his agent.

This book was set to be released in 2015 by Rizzoli, to coincide with his Pirelli Calendar that was also released that year, but for various reasons the book never came to fruition.

Steven's oeuvre is so expansive that it's difficult to condense into a single publication without making it ridiculously large. This is the primary reason we are unlikely to see a complete retrospective any time soon...there's just too much to go through. The strategy now is to focus on specific moments and relationships in his prolific career, which we see with the Meisel 93 exhibition and now the Linda book. It makes the curation process a lot easier for publishers, Steven and his agent.
Franca Sozzani was rumored to be part of the book, and that was a very difficult time for her.

Gianni Versace Spring/Summer 1995 Catalogue N.28

Photography: Steven Meisel
Production: Donatella Versace and Paul Beck
Design: Raul Martinez
Styling: Joe McKenna
Coordination: Bruno Bugiani
Make-up: Francois Nars
Hair: Garren
Model: Kristen McMenamy

my scans

Was interview with Meisel from Dazed & Confused #41 (April 1998) ever posted here? I wonder if I could be posted in this thread too, since I find it's interesting bit that needs more attention. I hope to somehow scan it as soon I can.
It was around 2 page interview conducted by Harriet Quick for Dazed, with some of his recent work (mostly for Vogue Italia).

Was interview with Meisel from Dazed & Confused #41 (April 1998) ever posted here? I wonder if I could be posted in this thread too, since I find it's interesting bit that needs more attention. I hope to somehow scan it as soon I can.
It was around 2 page interview conducted by Harriet Quick for Dazed, with some of his recent work (mostly for Vogue Italia).
I don't think so. Can't wait.

Ooh, I think we'd all greatly appreciate that! They do have a complete archive up on Exact Editions, any chance that someone's subscribed?

61UmZBdWq7L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Jody Watley
Larger Than Life

MCA, 1989

Photography: Steven Meisel
Design: Lynn Rob
Make-up: Francois Nars
Styling: Paul Cavaco

EfhNhWzVAAA8J4a

amazon, twitter

Last edited:
DOLCE & GABBANA advertisement
Isabella Rossellini ph.by Steven Meisel
scanned by me (Marie Claire Germany April 1992)

steven meisel 1992.jpg

Nothing new, unfortunately. But I couldn't think of a better place to post this. These are outtakes from Vogue March 2000 that have been circulating around for years, from that jeans story they did with Gisele and male actors of the time. Does anyone know who these men are? I'm so sure I've seen them all before but I can't think of a single project and Google is useless. Please! Also, would appreciate if anyone has any information as to who styled the story. It's not credited for some reason.

05.jpg 04.jpg
art+commerce

Dave Grohl by Meisel!!! Thank you for posting that gem @aracic! I can't believe it was scrapped. THE Dave Grohl! Must be a tons of unpublished material there.

My (signed) copy of Linda By Steven arrived earlier today and it is an absolute treat. The chemistry just bursts from the pages - their collaborative work truly is magnetic. The book features a wealth of their work's highlights from the 25-year period between 1987 and 2011, including a large selection of Linda's solo international Vogue covers, major ads, catalogue work for Barney's and editorial outtakes from various publications. The book is introed by William Norwich and wonderfully bookended by scans of original studio notes from some early shoots. It's a beautiful document!

My (signed) copy of Linda By Steven arrived earlier today and it is an absolute treat. The chemistry just bursts from the pages - their collaborative work truly is magnetic. The book features a wealth of their work's highlights from the 25-year period between 1987 and 2011, including a large selection of Linda's solo international Vogue covers, major ads, catalogue work for Barney's and editorial outtakes from various publications. The book is introed by William Norwich and wonderfully bookended by scans of original studio notes from some early shoots. It's a beautiful document!
Can’t wait to get the book. Sounds very promising!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->