Straightening / Flat Irons

i've been straightening my hair everyday now for about 2 weeks.
it's so bad for my hair, but i love how it looks.

I finally got my GHD! YEAHHH
Just one question: Is it really necessary to use a protecting spray each time I straighten my hair?
Normally I wash my hair, then I use a protecting lotion and an oil beforeI blow dry my hair. Should I use a spray an my dry hair before using the GHD or is there no need for it because of the lotion and the oil which I use on my wet hair?

I use the Sedu and I LOVE it. Heats up in about 30 seconds, has adjustable heat settings and feels very sturdy.
My hairdresser used to use a Chi iron and it worked well too, however, she mentioned she wished it had adjustable heat settings since everyones hair is different. It's probably best to use the lowest possible setting you can and still get good results.

Previously I purchased one from Sally's Beauty Supply called Ion anti frizz solutions flat iron. It cost 70 dollars on sale and it was awful! It actually made my hair look frizzier than if I didn't do anything to it. It was unreal.
Do you think thermal protection sprays and products really help? If so, which ones do you use? I would be interested in one that just protects the hair without any hold styling stuff in it.

I finally got my GHD! YEAHHH
Just one question: Is it really necessary to use a protecting spray each time I straighten my hair?
Normally I wash my hair, then I use a protecting lotion and an oil beforeI blow dry my hair. Should I use a spray an my dry hair before using the GHD or is there no need for it because of the lotion and the oil which I use on my wet hair?

Congratulations! I just got my GHD a couple of weeks ago too and love it so much! Which colour did you get? black, white or pink?! anyways...I had the same question too so I asked around (professionals) and they all said if i'm using something in my hair already (ie: straightening lotion, volumizing mouse smoothing serum.....) then you don't really need to use a preotection spray. It just adds extra bulk and un-needed weight. But you could always try it out just to see for yourself, you might like the results!

Need help from GHD owners

I bought the GHD MK4 flat iron on ebay and I think it's fake. Can you tell me if the following are standards of an authentic GHD?

1. Beeps when I turn it on
2. Beeps when the red light start flashing
3. Tag on the power chord w/a hologram and a serial #.
4. Hologram on the flat iron w/a different serial #.
5. Loop on the chord near where the chord attaches to iron (for hanging).

Also, where are these irons made?

I tried researching online but I couldn't find anything specific to a MK4 (they were all for the older pink versions).

Please help...I just received it in the mail and if it is fake I would like to return it for a refund ASAP. :blush:

Thank you! :flower:

^^I bought my GHD directly from the beauty supply store and mine doesn't have the loop on the cord. mine also says GHD North America Inc. on the inside handle. but was yours purchased on eBay from a UK seller? I think theirs is a bit different than the American one.

And yours is the MK4 model?

It's not from a UK seller. And wouldn't one from the UK have a different plug? :huh: And mine doesn't say GHD Noth America Inc. on the inside handle. :(

^^I bought my GHD directly from the beauty supply store and mine doesn't have the loop on the cord. mine also says GHD North America Inc. on the inside handle. but was yours purchased on eBay from a UK seller? I think theirs is a bit different than the American one.

does anybody use the ghd protection sprays? wondering if they are good...
what protection do do you use before working with an iron?

I went to Target today and I saw CHI flat irons :shock: I couldn't believe my eyes b/c that was the last place I had expected to see one. It was $149.

I need a new straightener, and I'm trying to decide between GHD and CHI - advice anyone? :flower:

I bought the GHD MK4 flat iron on ebay and I think it's fake. Can you tell me if the following are standards of an authentic GHD?

1. Beeps when I turn it on
2. Beeps when the red light start flashing
3. Tag on the power chord w/a hologram and a serial #.
4. Hologram on the flat iron w/a different serial #.
5. Loop on the chord near where the chord attaches to iron (for hanging).
I can't resally be much help as I have an older pair. But the serial numbers sound odd, maybe you could take them to a local hairdresser that suppplies GHDs and ask them what they think?

CHI! Best ceramic flat-iron in the world! :woot::flower:

Totally agree! You can get them for a real steal on ebay, too! Usually for half price (if not less!) Just make sure that there is NO temperature gauge. My mom bought me one from ebay, thinking it was a real CHI. She didn't look close enough to see that it was an imposter with the CHI logo on it.

The real CHI only has an On/off switch!

I changed my iron just yesterday and got a Remington model ^_^ It works SO much better than the previous one :woot:

Totally agree! You can get them for a real steal on ebay, too! Usually for half price (if not less!) Just make sure that there is NO temperature gauge. My mom bought me one from ebay, thinking it was a real CHI. She didn't look close enough to see that it was an imposter with the CHI logo on it.

The real CHI only has an On/off switch!

Thanks both of you ^_^
I ended up buying one on eBay, and I absolutely love it! :flower:

I use Nano. I love the way it leaves my hair, soft and shiny. The Temp goes up to 450 degrees F, which most flat irons only reach up to 350.

6904tk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onceler
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->