Stretch Marks

nuyominican

Reaction score
Umm Ive noticed dat Im gettin those iz dat normal?? I mean Im still a virgin aint got no kids so wats tha deal why am I gettin dem

Not to worry, it's typical for the vast majority of women. Stretch marks are a sign that your body has changed, due to a weight gain (pregnancy, for example), or simply your figure developing through puberty. You're definately not the only one who has them. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@May 15th, 2004 - 1:38 am
Not to worry, it's typical for the vast majority of women. Stretch marks are a sign that your body has changed, due to a weight gain (pregnancy, for example), or simply your figure developing through puberty. You're definately not the only one who has them. :rolleyes:
Not only women, guys too. :rolleyes: I got them all over my ***. :cry: :doh:

But don't worry they'll fade as time passes by... WITH the right excercise. But if you don't have time to wait you can get the treatment called Microdermabrasion but warn you it is $$$$$$$. Aiiggght? :wink:

from what i heard, it takes a loongg time to fade. i think if you use cocoa butter or something, it'll go away but only for new stretch marks. and it's very normal

hehe try using MUSTELA double stretch mark cream or better yet, use CLARINS oil.

theres a body balm that prevents them too...my sis in law used it when she was pregnant and she has no stretch marks on her belly...and to get rid just keep em moisturized to keep elasticity of the skin...

i used mustela all throughout my pregnancy and alternated that with clarins. it worked wonders-- no stretch marks on my belly :-)))))
my friends said to use extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed.

Originally posted by ignitioned32+May 15th, 2004 - 2:30 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ May 15th, 2004 - 2:30 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@May 15th, 2004 - 1:38 am
Not only women, guys too. :rolleyes: I got them all over my ***. :cry: :doh:

But don't worry they'll fade as time passes by... WITH the right excercise. But if you don't have time to wait you can get the treatment called Microdermabrasion but warn you it is $$$$$$$. Aiiggght? :wink: [/b][/quote]
Does Microdermabrasion really work for stretch marks?
I was wanting to get it this summer but wasn't sure if it really works.
Do you know how many treatments you need to get rid of mild ones?
They're already white and pretty faded but I get so embarassed come beach time! :blush:

Not so much for guys...I know I've never had them and I'm sure none of my male friends have ever mentioned them...

Some guys get them when they have their teenaged growth spurts. A buddy of mine in college had them on the sides of his arms and chest from really fast muscle-size increase due to a passion for weight-lifting concurrent with his last teenaged growth spurt.

His kind of looked like a hot-rod flame job.

I have some pretty bad ones... or at least I think they're bad (it's not like I pull my pants down to ask people's opinions :lol: ). I used to be this skinny little beanpole and then at the age of 16 I grew a butt and hips almost overnight. No matter how much I excersise or moisturize they're still there! :(

Originally posted by banana@May 16th, 2004 - 1:05 am
I have some pretty bad ones... or at least I think they're bad (it's not like I pull my pants down to ask people's opinions :lol: ). I used to be this skinny little beanpole and then at the age of 16 I grew a butt and hips almost overnight. No matter how much I excersise or moisturize they're still there! :(
i honestly think stretchies are normal so dont fret :smile:

I think stretch marks shouldnt be seen as a terrible thing but as a change, and one shouldnt fret about it. Cocoa butter should keep the area supple.

(Do i sound like some kinda hippy? :lol: )

Hey I have them on my breasts and on my bum... Im not overweight and haven't been pregnant... why on earth do I have them... Its so depressing and embarrassing :cry: the ones on my bum are white and the ones on my breasts are like pink/purple...

I've heard that Palmer's Cocoa Butter is good...I just bought some yesterday and tried it today. It'll take a while, I'm sure, but I hope to see results. I have just a few stretch marks on my outer thigh and a couple on my ***. Hopefully I don't get anymore. And I'm going to make sure I don't get any on my stomach if I have a child. :smile:

I have stretch marks on my inner thighs :cry:

This is where I gain weight 1st and of course lost it 1st. My weight changes with swimming on and off seasons... Kind of embarrasing how unstable my weight is

I have them on the front of my stomach and right under my arm. I think this might be the fact that Im only 15 and due to weight loss right? Aggh this sucks that Im the only guy I know who has them. :doh:

when you lose weight are there usually marks that show significant weightloss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->