Stretch Marks

anhphan said:
purple stretch marks r treatable... the ones that r white ... very hard to treat... i went to my dermotologist.. n she perscribed me... retin A. I've been using them for several months now... and i have seen results..but..they're still purple.. so i'm guessing its a really slow process!!!..so b patient guys... n.. where can i get pure vitamin e oil???

But my red ones turned white...I thought thats progress on healing? :unsure: I have a ton of retin-a maybe I should put it to use since I dont use it on my face anyways.^_^

Thats the one thing I didn't like about my boobs doubling in size again...stupid marks had to ruin a good thing :lol:

yea... it is the process of healing..but ..red ones r the ones u want!!..because once u have them... u can start using creams and products to try and get rid of stretch marks... wen they're already white and u can feel them... that means they've already scarred...n how ever much u put products on it.. they wont go away. IF they're still red/purple/pink... when u put products on them... they will heal into less visible white stretch marks...or mayb just fade away for good....i've been treating mine for awhile...cuz i exercise and stoppped exercising..so ... mine's still red...for several months now..but i'm patient... i want them to still b red so i can put cream on it.

I'm a figure skater and have been getting much more serious and practicing more lately and now I have stretch marks on my inner thighs from having really muscular upper legs :blush:..mostly from doing suicides/relay races/power stroking on ice so that I'll become more muscular for jumps, but its horribly embarrasing to wear shorts and stuff..eek i dont know what to do!

yea... i'm really embarassed of mine too.. i have some stretch marks on my legs... at the back..n i hate them!... they're white now..so i can't really treat them..i now dont wear shorts or skirts nemore becuase of it.

I have them on my lower back, hips, and boobs. I still like my body regardless.

Seriously don't worry about them, nobody cares about them and if they do they aint worth your time! :smile:

Mine are still purple/red, so i have bought some Bio oil.... here's hoping it works.

Any body seen results from Bio oil?

I've always had a flat butt, never being able to fill up my jeans, but one day I woke up and I had a bigger butt AND stretch marks :ninja: :angry:

My pregnancy stretchmarks have almost vanished now :clap:

pointup said:
I have stretch marks on my inner thighs :cry:

This is where I gain weight 1st and of course lost it 1st. My weight changes with swimming on and off seasons... Kind of embarrasing how unstable my weight is

It's the same with me :/

What about Strivectin? Has anyone tried it?

If it really works I might save money for it but I don't want to buy something that doesn't really work.

The Cure.... if you have the money

I may have found the cure to stretch marks: semi-permanent tattooing. I went to the Body Beautiful exhibition a while back at the London Olympia (a sort of trade fair where surgeons and cosmetic people sell their wares to desperate women) and I was looking through the books of one company and there was a scar (which looked just like a stretch mark) which they had completely disguised. I asked if they could do stretch marks and they looked at mine and said yes (I have white lines in darker skin. They are not bumpy, it is just a visial thing. They will only do it if the stretch mark doesn't look too taut -if it looks like it is going to burst, then they wont put a needle in it otherwise it will burst and you will have open woulds EEK!) Anyway they quoted me £250 per session and a maximum (she was like I am going to quote you the maximum so that you aren't surprised half way through the procedure) of 10 sessions. That is £2500 which is a lot of money but at least there is hope.

Hope that gave someone hope

Last edited by a moderator:
Palmer's has a great range of creams and moisturisers. They also have that stretch mark cream for pregnancy but I still use it even though I'm not.

I think the key to losing or at least decreasing the appearance of stretch marks is to exfoliate daily with those natural exfoliating brushes, moisturise straight after showering/bathing with a good moisturiser - I think those with shea butter are the best - and finally, stay fit!! Just a brisk walk in the morning for half an hour would do wonders!!

^ Using creams heals the stretch mark faster surely making them more white? Not good on my tanned skin!

Golden_butterfly said:
Is there any product/s with Retin-A someone would recommend for stretch marks?

well..i forget wat its called..but i think its just ..entitled Retin -A... but yea...i went to my dermotologist ..and she perscribed me Retin-A cream... and... usuually put that on at night...and put vitamin E pure oil during the morning... its quite effective..my old stretch marks are gone..but... this year... i entered university..and gained like 10 pounds... so... new stretch marks do appear..therefore i'm guessing..these things dont prevent stretch marks

I had some from growth spurts when I was younger. What halped them fade, take away the purple tinge, was Cocobutter. Apply that daily or so and you'll see some good results.

shes_in_parties said:
I had some from growth spurts when I was younger. What halped them fade, take away the purple tinge, was Cocobutter. Apply that daily or so and you'll see some good results.

well...cocobutter fades those purple lines...but the thing is...if u waited long enough... those lines would fade regardless if you put cocobutter on them or not...what you really want...is them to fade and shrink!... i tried using cocobutter...but it doesn't help for me....my really shrunk when i used retin a at night..and vitamine E in the morning...good luck guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->