Stuart Weitzman F/W 2020.21 : Serena Williams by Ethan James Green

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by vogue28, Sep 14, 2020.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

2. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

Her face is stunning, for me, this is the best she's ever looked in fashion. The pose, however... She looks like she's just stepped on dog sh*t and is reaching for a wet wipe.

One question about the clothes: Why cast "real" women when you fail to style them properly? This doesn't flatter her, oh, at all!

3. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

^ I'd say she's styled properly, it's the way she's being directed (happened last season, too) and it's not limited to this ad but anyone that's not a model really.. it's like fashion has a little 10-page book of the way you should make all women pose.. short or muscular is never cute, looking impossibly frail, tall, with disproportionally long legs and like you could break any minute but miraculously don't is the only way women can look good and sell fashion, easy if you don't have to try, but plain silly to subject everyone to this "ideal", which is really based on nothing, certainly not on studying body movement but just swearing by what you think fashun should look. So you end up with generic Trentini-for-Vogue poses like the one above, or whatever's happening beneath her dress here, or funny stuff like this. I don't get it really. If your assignment for the day is to photograph non-models and gasp, you call yourself a photographer but somehow that's all you know how to photograph: nurture some curiosity. I've been tall my whole life and all I wanted was to be shorter, it seemed aspirational (more confident, feminine.. popular lol), just observe what's not your day-to-day reality long enough, you'll find traits.. which can be exploited and make for better visuals since it's more honest.

/rant. :lol:

4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

They are always trying to make Serena look so serious!
    A little bit of humor, strapping sandals, a leotard (without the vest or the belt) and it could be perfect!
    She doesn’t know what to do with her hands? Give her a Tennis Racket!

5. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

6. San Marco

San Marco Active Member

I have a feeling her feet were sweating in those #PATRON boots