Studs

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by vivian123, Apr 2, 2009.

1. vivian123

vivian123 New Member

Bling and Studs

Do you feel that the bling and studs beginning to die down?
    I've noticed that its still really popular in lots of NA cities, but less in Europe.

Any suggestions?

2. thejulia

thejulia New Member

This is an offshoot of punk/neogoth or 80s, but I'm noticing a distinct trend. From Jak and Jil @paris fw to the DIYs on chictopia, to fashiontoast; motojackets (huge?) with extra studs, studded shoe jewelry, studded inner denim butt pockets, little pyramid stud earrings for the wary on urban... (I wish I were energetic enough to have tracked it all, it's gorgeous stuff)

It's pretty pervasive, but I predict it'll be even more so come FW '09 with more lasting power than the crazy Balmain s shaped pads.

3. fashionfille

fashionfille New Member

I'm studding a backpack right now! I'm starting college next year so I want an awesome bag to trek around campus with. It's looking good so far, but it's taking a while. I'll post pictures when more progress is made.

4. cheyqua

cheyqua New Member

many blogger fellows doing the studs DIY project, including me.. :D
    I still like it anyway, as long as it doesn't go overrated.

5. goaskalicia

goaskalicia New Member

i love it - and i hate that i love it - because i ONLY began loving it when it became trendy. i feel like i don't legitimately love it... it's some kind of fleeting crush with something that was subconciously planted in my brain.

i know this because i used to hate studded embellishment on anything (although particularly handbags) and now i feel drawn to studding like the proverbial moth.

such a fashion victim.

6. anggysoh

anggysoh New Member

i saw this pair of fully studded Converse on Singer22.com selling for 550 Bucks, it's so damn hot! i think i'm so gonna DIY one myself! Go check it out babes&dudes

7. anggysoh

anggysoh New Member

it's not really popular in Singapore too, but some are still making it happen :)

8. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

Personally, I think studs are on the rise, esp as people realize they can do it themselves. I think it's much more of a "street" trend, than a runway trend. But Balmain has some studded pieces

9. daniellat

daniellat Fashion Designer

i think they are on the rise too, since the 80's ive never seen so many studded things that are not worn by punks or similar. i dont see them anymore as "rebel wear" they are starting to appear on chic clothes like the balmain ones

10. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

i feel like since the rock trend got so big..studs are everywhere.i for one am a big fan of the pyramid studs..i have been wearing that type of belt for years...i love the trend..

11. CandiDandiStylin

CandiDandiStylin New Member

i still love studs! i dont think they will ever go out of fashion because there is just so much you can do with them and there are so many different sorts. check out the new exclusive sass & bide jeans on sarah murdoch in May Vogue Australia HOT

12. VanEDy

VanEDy New Member

I personally think studs are a nice accent to an outfit.
    For example the new music video Zero by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the studded jacket that Karen O wears would just be so boring if it wasn't studded.

A studded jacket would look really great with a white shirt and tie. Something classy with a burst of rock n roll. just think of the applications!

13. dirtylaundry

dirtylaundry New Member

I agree with Meg, I feel like many of us are somewhat 'ahead of the curve' because we actively participate in fashion-related activities like using tFS or simply blogging. This gives us the capability to distinguish trends and therefore actively either embrace them or reject them. I completely disagree with candidandi, this is very obviously a trend and although it might be less short-lived than some other trends, it will undoubtedly die eventually, its not THAT monumental of an 'accessory'.

14. HitchcockStarlet

HitchcockStarlet New Member

I think it's a trend still on the up. Blogs and designers have been doing it for a while now, but it's only just starting the filter through to the mainstream with balmain rip-off shoes.
    I admit I studded some things the other day and I liked it.

15. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

i happen to love it..but not when it spread around willy nilly..

16. saann

saann I don't know

I feel like this is really on the rise, esp on boots and bags

I don't think this will ever die since it's a part of so many peoples styles already.. but it definately won't be as 'trendy' from time to time

17. Tinetush

Tinetush What fresh hell is this.?

I think it's all over the blog-world.. And I'm really starting to get tired of it..
    I've been thinking for some time about doing a DIY project as well. But now not so much..
    perhaps when the trend has died down a little.. I just feel like it's too overrated.

18. ohadriana

ohadriana New Member

I think studs/grommets/etc look especially fantastic when paired with florals -- the edginess really offsets the flirty/feminine aspect of anything botanical.

19. jeansandtshirt

jeansandtshirt New Member

As a trend, I think it might be a little overdone. However, I have no plans to stick my 3 row pyramid studded belt (or cuff I break out now and again) at the back of the closet.

20. Velony

Velony Empire State of Mind

It's really everywhere on the internet. So many bloggers have done DIY projects. Actually I had to stud my (otherwise plain and boring) cheap H&M blazer because I would have thrown it out of my closet otherwise. It's really easy but takes forever so it's still not ready to be worn yet. I used brass pyramide studs which I like best atm. Might post pics of the finished result in a little while.