Style Resolutions 2010

Mine is to wear what I want... dress more from my heart & imagination without worrying so much about what others might think.

clear away the cobwebs...

-get rid of the stuff i don't wear and fix anything that needs mending or altering...
-spend more time on hair and make up so that the whole look is complete- not just the outfit...
-maintain a regular fitness routine so that my size will not fluctuate too much and my clothes will fit better...
-polish up some of the rough edges- but don't eliminate them completely...
-be fabulous all the time, regardless of what people might think or say...

Last edited by a moderator:
Customise my outfits more, instead of just buying a top and wearing it as it is, making it more me by sewing it, colouring it, adding stuff to it, etc.

- Dress more to my taste. Dress up again.
- Focus more on the classics rather than the trends.
- SHOES. I've never been one to spend on shoes, but I think it is about time I begin. I believe that I am catching the shoe bug.
- Organize my closet so that I can arrange outfits more efficiently.

~More leg showing, less jean wearing.
~More effort with my hair.
~No more cheap high street, it falls apart and looks even cheaper that it is.

To stop buying oversized clothing and trying to tailor them myself. I suck at sewing.
Oh, and to wear my jewelry more often. I feel like I'm neglecting them.

•Shop from my closet/drawers more and shopping in stores/online less.

•Focus effort on wearing things I have lots of because I love, but barely ever use; mainly shoes, makeup, jewelry.

•keep drawers and closet organized (somehow everything ends up on the floor eventually clean or dirty)

•choose a color besides black and grey. i don't need to be a rainbow, but once in while, I should buy something that is an actual color.

•have more fun with makeup regularly and not just for special occassions

•switch handbags more often instead of carrying the same one for an entire season

*Wear more, buy less

*Get rid of anything that doesn't fit, that I don't wear or like, that has holes/tears, that sits wrong, that I don't feel good in

*Get rid of shoes I don't wear because they're too narrow/heel is too high/they rub my feet the wrong way and get some really interesting but comfy flat shoes (am liking the look of Trippen shoes at the moment though have yet to try any on) or low/solid heels (Chie Mihara... but the price kills me)

*Rotate my shoes and accessories more often

*Get rid of all but my absolute favourite fragrances - involves whittling down from about 25 to, say, 5 perfumes

*Ditto makeup. How many red lipsticks and neutral eyeshadows do I need?

Joie - :lol: always know that you can send hose perfumes to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
clear away the cobwebs...

-get rid of the stuff i don't wear and fix anything that needs mending or altering...
-spend more time on hair and make up so that the whole look is complete- not just the outfit...
-maintain a regular fitness routine so that my size will not fluctuate too much and my clothes will fit better...
-polish up some of the rough edges- but don't eliminate them completely...
-be fabulous all the time, regardless of what people might think or say...

Me too, exactly!!
Well said :smile:

glad you liked that...
^_^...

i need to print that out and tape it on my closet door!!!...
:hardhead:

^^me too! I haven't been sticking to my resolutions as much as I would like :rolleyes:

nature of the beast?

this is why i don't make resolutions :P

-Not to make too many impulse buys (stuff that I'll only wear once or twice or stuff that I don't have anything to go with)
-Make more use of my jewellery and accessories
-Rotate my shoe collection more/stop wearing the same few pairs all the time

No doubt I'll break at least 1 of those at some point.

1. Instead of buying great accent pieces buy great basics.
2. Develop a particular look; I'm going to try to unite Baroque attention to detail with a monochromatic palette.
3. Be conscious of what I buy; support local talent, less high street, eco-friendly fabrics.
4. Develop an aesthetic philosophy behind my wardrobe.

-Stop wearing prints, wear plain t-shirts and shirts instead.
-Stop wearing so much black!
-Stop wearing white sneakers.
-Stop buying Zara clothes.
-Find the perfect jeans.
-Start wearing a watch.

made these up back in january:

- wear less mens shirts and huge pullovers from the 80ies (and stop buying them!) [haven't bought any this year!]
- wear less jeans; but pants, leggings and long skirts instead
- stop dressing "boring", get out of my comfort zone
- acquire an amount of awesome vintage jewellery
- buy and wear hats and headpieces/ headbands
- shop less H&M and Topshop but more second hand and vintage
- buy a lot of new shoes [i bought 5 pairs already which is A LOT for me]
- always look great, never boring or uninspired [i think i'm getting better at looking "great"]
- buy clothes made out of different fabrics

^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->