Such A Good Move For Givenchy

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by mikeijames, Dec 9, 2003.

1. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?SSID=2

I am very happy for Ozwald...his fashions are so groundbreaking, they're unreal.

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i confess not knowing too much about his work, apart the fact he's been very respected by the fashion establishment, i'm glad to see Givenchy moving on :p

thanks for bringing this in :flower:

3. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Some of his designs for the Matrix were horrible and I don't think his dresses are up to much....

But it's nice to see Givenchy move on from it's kind of vague-decadence-without-any-direction look....

4. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

i dount knwo his work, but im happy that that givenchy is doing soem thing difrent, who knwos may be tehy willc an julien and put Givenchy back where it should be.

5. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Sometimes Ozwald can be it mediocre and lacking. However it isn't horrid just not on par. Personally,I would have loved seeing someone like Stephan Schneider or Dirk Schonberger at the house. But good for them for moving on. Now if they could just get someone 'on par' in at the women's side...hmf :innocent:

6. mikeijames

i don't think he designed for the matrix films...i think he outfitted the gentlemen for the premiere....

i also don't think he designs womenswear...they just hired him for the mens job.

his suits are so phenom. even women wear them

7. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

I'm sure I've heard him commenting on those trenchcoats, no?

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

thats the idea, if driesS. git the post for mendwear, Juliens work could be in real danger and of course nobody at Givenchy would like that right ? :ninja:

9. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Lena,you're such the Sherlock Holmes for pointing that out! :lol: Very true,indeed. However, with the latest and most recent collections from Julien,I'm not so certain he'll be able to convince anyone. I have my weary feelings he'll be gone faster than one of the 6ft amazons on his catwalk :lol:

10. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I'm not really familair with this designer's work but it seems such a good move for Givenchy.

First because Givenchy needs something new, exciting and to move on. Another because classic-with-a-twist is perfect for classic Givenchy. It really needs a twist to move on. ;) :lol:

11. mikeijames

as much as i dislike galliano, but love slimane and castellane (sp?) i really think that mix works well at dior...bc no matter who you are, you can find something between dior, dior homme, or dior joiallarie (sp?) that suits your fancy.

i think they are trying to do that at givenchy, bring on huge talent all around so that no matter what you have a reason to shop givenchy.