Summer Reading Lists

yogini108

dream a little dream...
Reaction score
I usually dread Summer Reading for school, but I almost always walk away with some sort of growth after reading the books that i HAVE to read.
I was thinking the students here could share their required reading for summer so we can all just share the intellect love! :heart: (There''s no 'nerd' smilie :doh: )

I'm done with high school but am going to read what the seniors next year have to read :blush: :
Sense and Sensibility-Jane Austen
Selling Women Short: The Landmark Battle for Women's Rights at Walmart-Liza Featherstone
The Collector-John Fowles
The Jungle-Upton Sinclair
Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
Bless me, Ultima- Anaya

Feel free to throw in opinions or recommendations even if you're not facing a required reading list!:flower:

All Tom Robbins novels I can get my hands on
I've only read "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues" and "Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates" and im absolutely addicted.

I recommend both those books.

I am required to read C.S. Lewis' Out of the Silent Planet for 9th grade Honors English.

i'm in college so i don't have any more required reading but some books that i had to read in high school that were good were:

-The Awakening by Kate Chopin
-The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo

That's a good idea! As an english major though, i read about 50 novels a year at the very least, so i tend to just read trashy books over the summer >_<
but my favorite high school summer reading books were Jane Eyre, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The Chosen by Chaim Potok, and The Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck.

new york triology
laughter in the dark
romeo and juliet
moon palace
invention of solitude
invisible man
beautiful and the damned
lolita

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members