Surface to Air - Creative Project

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
i'm not really sure about the "subtitles"...
anyway...

What and where

Close What

Born in Paris in 2000,

SURFACE TO AIR Paris is a creative studio/boutique operating in art, fashion and communication. Our need for freedom and independence, conditions to creativity, made us organize ourselves around high pluri-disciplinary activities and projects in the creative domains which interest us.
In total there are 20 people of different origins and backgrounds based in Paris.
Our group consists of:
Surface To Air Studio / S2A Studio

(est.2001)
Creative direction and consultancy studio operating worldwide in high-end fashion, art and luxury markets.
Clients: L'Oreal Luxe, Louis Vuitton, French Ministry of Culture, Loveless, Tsumori Chisato, Adidas, EGG, HP, EMI, SONY, Chromeo, Justice, Goose, Scenario Rock, Jane Birkin
Surface To Air Men Paris Collection

(est.2004)
Menswear brand designed in collaboration with Nicolas Andreas Taralis and Thomas Engel Hart. Distributed in both our Paris store located near the Louvre Museum and lately in the Marais. Both stores propose a selection of the most promising designers.
Our collection is also available at our corner at Comme des Garçons /Dover Street Market in London and 150 selected outlets worldwide.
Rendez-Vous

(est.2003)
High-end fashion trade event, gathering more than 130 emerging and confirmed designers 4 times a year in luxury spaces in the centre of Paris. Attracting more than 20,000 professionals & press visitors a year, Rendez-Vous also acts as a talent scouting and consultancy office for major fashion houses and buying offices in Europe.
Web: http://www.rendez-vous-paris.com
Where

Boutique Marais

68, rue Charlot
75003 PARIS
T + 33 1 49 27 04 54
OPEN MTWTFS 12.00 PM TO 7.30 PM
Boutique Louvre

46, rue de L'Arbre Sec
75001 PARIS
T + 33 1 49 27 04 58
OPEN MTWTFS 12:30 PM TO 7:30PM
Studio

129, rue de de Turenne
75003 PARIS
T + 33 1 49 27 04 54
F + 33 1 44 61 70 27
OPEN MTWTFS 9.30 AM TO 7.30 PM
some recnt news...
News

Latest news
news52_image.jpg

24.10.2007 HAPPY BIRTHDAY SURFACE TO AIR BRAZIL

It has been a year since the Surface To Air Brazil store opened!! To celebrate this anniversary there will be an amazing event in the newly redone boutique. During this cocktail, the new collections will be presented, as well as the first Surface To Air Brazil. The Gallery will be inaugurated with its first exhibition BIG TIME.The highlight of the evening will be a big party featuring SCENARIO ROCK, DJ DV-NO, CAVALERA Conspiracy, SO ME...
WE WISH THEM A REALLY GOOD TIME !!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

news49_image.jpg

29.9.2007 DIESEL-Human After All Films

S2A studio write new DIESEL campaign films and R&S shoot them
In collaboration with DIESEL headquarter in Italy, Jeremie wrote and shot three films: in Japanese, French and Spanish proposing another vision of the Human After All season campaign. A japanese, a french and a spanish language film. You can view them in the FILM section of this site.�Hope you will enjoy the absurdity !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
news51_image.jpg

29.9.2007 SONY "ROLLY"

Jeremie writes and R&S shoot a little film about SONY Rolly launch
SONY rolly is SONY's new MP3 player. You download music on SONY's website and with each song, a choreography for Rolly is included. Rolly has quite a stunning capacity of mouvement thanks to its six engines. It will drive kids crazy without doubt! In the film, you will find all our usual crew: Santiago, Lubna, Mehdi, Ludo and a star appearence of the fabulous Art director Jean-Michel Bertin. Another fun day shooting...You can view it in the FILM section of this site.
news50_image.jpg

29.9.2007 HARD-FI

Can't Get Along music video
Jérémie & Martial just finished shooting Hard-fi's new single video in Berlin with DOP tom Townend.
Noticeable facts: stunning appearence of amazing german stuntman� Wanja who has been a revelation for us. Also you can look for the five cameos of our friend and Art director Jean-Michel Bertin who has now declared himself " addicted to acting".You can view the video in the FILM section of this site.
news48_image.jpg

28.8.2007 CHROMEO

"Tenderoni" By Jérémie Rozan & Martial Schmeltz
Jérémie & Martial shot CHROMEO's new video in Los Angeles.
The new video is available for viewing on Partizan Website:
http://www.partizan.com/...

It was an incredibly fun shoot in Los Angeles with our good friends Common Deer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
news47_image.jpg

12.7.2007 TSUMORI CHISATO AW07/08

Once again, Santiago and Jeremie have created Tsumori Chisato's AW 07/08 campaign. With our good friend Viviane Sassen who was the best person to shoot it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
news45_image.jpg

8.6.2007 CACHAREL LIBERTE

SURFACE TO AIR creates CACHAREL new fragrance " LIBERTE"
Surface to Air has been collaborating for a year and a half now on elaborating the concept and design of Cacharel's new main women fragrance, 'Liberté'.
The result� an asymetric flower form in orange that fades along the length of the bottle.
S2A - Paris

art direction of Andam catalogue
tsumori chisato
isabel marrant (x2)
random illustrations

Surface to Air was born out of a beat up old loft in Union Square, NY in 1996. Its initial members began to work together as artists, and the space quickly transformed itself into a cultural breeding ground for other new and emerging artists to come and create and exhibit their work in an environment that supported them. This was the birthplace for a new underground movement. With the recognition of the talent that was being displayed by the various members, the interest of the public was piqued, and various characters began coming to the space as a place to witness the new avant-garde in its formation. From Harmony Korine to Donald Baechler to Alfredo Martinez, you never knew who was going to stop by and what would happen when they did.

A more formal extension of the original Surface to Air, the LLC was founded in 2000 as a means by which to take what were intangible ideas on the role of art in commercial communications and make something more concrete out of them. A Paris studio was opened and the New York base of operations moved into SoHo. As the Surface to Air team grew, so did its desire to achieve more lofty goals and in 2001 Surface to Air transformed their studio in Paris into an all-in-one art gallery, boutique and design studio. It was during this time that Pour La Victoire was published, a massive leather bound art book centering around the concept of “victory” as the end result of the creation of art. Featuring over 80 artists, it was intrinsic to showcasing the Surface to Air vision to the rest of the globe.

In the years that have since followed, the members of Surface to Air have been developing into a more sophisticated means those very same ideas which originally inspired it - that of finding a unique place where true creativity and artistic expression meets the commercial palate of the global community at large. Branching out into all forms of communication, Surface to Air has now published 3 books of art, currently create a full mens and womens clothing collection, and has art directed and consulted with brands such as Nike, adidas, North Face, HBO, Atlantic records, Vice, and Sony - just to name a few - and continues to exhibit their artwork worldwide. With studios in New York, Stockholm, Paris and Tokyo, Surface to Air has its ear to the ground and its hands in the fire, forging new ground as the 21st century cultural communicators, shaping a new tradition in a space where creativity and commerce meet.

S2A - NY

I can't believe we didn't have a thread on them. :o
they've been discussed here quite a few times if I remember correctly.
I love their work so much... :heart:. I'll probably do some scanning later on (if I manage to re-install my scanner :doh:).

merci, berlin!.

same source

tsumori chisato
Nicolas Andreas Taralis
andam magazine 2005
(guest) Creative Director from Magazine
(i don't if it's international spread and don't even know if it's still published... but if you come to Paris take one - it's free... it's a magazine about magazines...)

Andam 2006

I can't believe we didn't have a thread on them. :o
they've been discussed here quite a few times if I remember correctly.
I love their work so much... :heart:. I'll probably do some scanning later on (if I manage to re-install my scanner :doh:).

merci, berlin!.

you're welcome :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->