Suspiria Remake?

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by Scott, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

remember the old rumours about this? okay,i've been reading little details and it does seem they have finally got this in order. apparently the guy who directed that pineapple express is directing it and natalie portman's production company will be involved and natalie will possibly be playing the lead that jessica harper played with perfection. not sure who will play sarah,played by stefania casini or madame blanc joan bennett was so gloriously evil as.

now i recall the first time round,dario argento was deat set against this especially after reading the script which he bluntly stated was "sh*t". :lol:

personally i'm not sure. i generally hate remakes especially of timeless classics like this one. and i've never seen pineapple express nor do i have any desire to,quite honestly. so i dunno if this guy will ever do this film justice. personally,i feel like it will be bite them on the **** as they usually tend to do in these situations.

2. ChloeFrancoise

ChloeFrancoise Active Member

Well it can't be worse than Michael Bay remaking Rosemary's Baby. :sick:

3. ms-nietzsche

ms-nietzsche New Member

Argento's version is perfection. I really hope this doesn't happen somehow.

4. La bordélique

La bordélique earthbound

I thought Pineapple Express was hilarious, but are we supposed to expect a comedy horror remake?

There was only one remake that I liked and it was The Ring. I thought was a lot better than the original because the Japanese version lacked of explanation in its story...

Why remake a movie that is perfect? If they manage to use the same art deco sets and music by Goblin, it might want to watch it, but so far, no.

5. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

^exactly my point. i don't any amount effects will ever live up to how argento delivered the original's visual style. it's still something to behold,imo.

i think even if this were in the hands of respectable filmmakers who could actually do it justice,i would still be against it. i just don't think one should mess with something that needs no sprucing up. people still hold these films in the highest regard.

oh chloe,now you've given me even more nightmares *ick*

6. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

What? Are you serious? :sick:

7. ChloeFrancoise

ChloeFrancoise Active Member

Unfortunately yes. I saw this on April's Fools so I had to look it up to be sure I was getting annoyed over nothing, but it's real. Why couldn't it a cruel prank? I wouldn't mind a remake that much if it was with a director who I trusted but him? No!

8. Northern Star

Northern Star French Chic

Pineapple Express is funny as f**k but that would be no bearing on the director doing a remake of Suspiria.
    I think a movie that was so visually stunning (for it's time) and with an unreal soundtrack should just be left well alone IMO, although I'm always willing to be proved wrong.