Tackiest Couples of 2005

pink_lipgloss

Reaction score
Tackiest couples named and shamed

Thursday December 15, 2005
1512_houston_s.jpg

Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston have been named the year's tackiest couple.
The singers were crowned the most tasteless celebrity pair by an American magazine.
Second in the poll were Hollywood stars Katie Holmes and fiance Tom Cruise.
And pop star Britney Spears and her dancer husband Kevin Federline came in third in the Star magazine list.

The magazine said self-confessed drug abusers Whitney and husband Bobby Brown deserved the award for airing too much dirty laundry in public.
They said: "Thanks to their reality show, viewers were introduced to a whole new level of marital crudeness.
"Whitney and Bobby made viewers cringe as she talked about how he helped her overcome constipation."

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were voted second for their "tornado" romance.

The magazine said: "They met, got engaged, and got pregnant in less than six months." And new mum Britney Spears and dancer husband Kevin Federline were nominated for their lack of taste.
One reader commented: "She's a has-been and he's a never was."

The magazine quizzed more than 35,000 readers in its latest issue, out now.

On-off British couple Jude Law and Sienna Miller also make the list at fifth.
A reader said: "The couple who cheat together, stay together.
"They have such low standards."

Tackiest Couples of 2005
1. Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown
2. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
3. Britney Spears and Kevin Federline
4. Flavor Flav and Brigitte Nielsen
5. Jude Law and Sienna Miller
6. Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson
7. Ice T and Nicole "Coco" Austin
8. Mischa Barton and Cisco
9. Paris and her Greeks
10. Star Jones and Al Reynolds

Splash News/ Snapper Media
(from ninemsn.com.au)

So what do you guys think of this? Do you agree? Who else would you have put on the list?

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt know abt mischa and cisqo! thats hillarious is that the blonde singer

i have been a huge fan of whitney houston's for over a decade. you may not like her music, but she without question possesses one of the most spectacular voices in contemporary popular culture.

however, i refused to watch "Being Bobby Brown". i completely agree that it was tacky --- but more to the point, it was ABSOLUTELY TASTELESS. not necessarily the content. . . but the FACT that Bobby invited cameras into his family and his household, knowing full-well that nobody gives a sh*t about him. he exploited his wife at the worst time in her life.

this tv show was filmed within the months that fell between whitney's 2 periods of rehab. she was clearly not in the best place and CERTAINLY not in the right condition to be on a reality television show. and a real man would not sacrifice whatever dignity his wife still held onto just to potentially further his own completely non-existant career.

bobby hasn't made a dime since 1992. whitney, though she certainly hasn't been popular since "My Love Is Your Love" has still sold millions of albums and is still one of the most significant pop culture icons of the last 25 years.

to see her suffering soul displayed on national television like it was on "Being Bobby Brown" is unquestionably TASTELESS and indeed quite tacky.

Urban Stylin said:
i didnt know abt mischa and cisqo! thats hillarious is that the blonde singer
No I think you are talking about the wrong one . It's not that guy with his blonde hair singing the thong song :lol: that would be a funny couple !

Finally, a list I can agree with.

Gosh I even forgot that Bobby & Whitney excisted! :rolleyes: They definitly don`t belong into the 2005 list!

My Top 5:

1. BRITNEY & KEVIN!!!! (The undisputed No.1!)
2. Paris & Paris
3. Jordan & Peter Andre
4. Mischa Barton & Cisco Adler
5. Ice-T & Coco

woah what a surprise:rolleyes: ......wow there are so many couples I can't stand:yuk:
I wish they would all just go away, though I admit they're all very entertaining!B)

I actually liked Flava Flav/Bridget Nielson and Jude Law/Sienna Miller. :blush: But agreed with the others....:lol:

Britney and Kevin take the cake ...

And Cisco Adler ... What was Mischa thinking?? Was she thinking in the first place?

I'm suprised Brit and KFed didn't top the list... and TomKat.. I don't know if they are tacky.. just really really really weird.. and creepy

Flavor Flav and Brigitte annoyed after some time but thankfully they aren't together as FF has a new show on VH1 where he tries to find Ms. Right.

I thought that TomKat should have topped the list though.

IMO, the worst couple of the year in Brangelina. They are tacky is the obvious way (I could never understand how can Brad Pitt figure in any best dressed list since he's stuck in that 70's style forever). But apart from that, they were tacky in their public display of affection soon after a divorce, tacky in the whole "i don't want to go public" kind of attitude and tacky in the superhero way they present themselves to the media (indirectly) with all the "let's save the world and go home for a quicky". Arg! Boy, I hate them!

IMO, the worst couple of the year in Brangelina. They are tacky is the obvious way (I could never understand how can Brad Pitt figure in any best dressed list since he's stuck in that 70's style forever). But apart from that, they were tacky in their public display of affection soon after a divorce, tacky in the whole "i don't want to go public" kind of attitude and tacky in the superhero way they present themselves to the media (indirectly) with all the "let's save the world and go home for a quicky". Arg! Boy, I hate them!

I AGREE!!!

Nicole Richie and DJ AM are the only couple that are famous simply for being...... a famous couple! They are not lauded for any other talents!

At least Brangelina are actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marianaluciatorres134
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->