Talbots F/W 10.11 : Linda Evangelista by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

versustito

Reaction score
:heart:Talbots F/W 2010 by Mert & Marcus:woot::woot::clap::clap:

by Nothern Star
youkioske via Flashbang

i had really been looking forward to these ads, but i dont like it. the makeup and actual garment are garish.

agree ^ looks like 90s linda. :heart: thanks for posting, prob my fav recent Linda ads, she looks amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda is giving me shades of Perry Ellis by Marc Jacobs in this new campaign with a decidedly urban edge. She is beyond brilliant and could model forever. She makes Talbots very modern for the first time! Kudos to M&M/Linda/Talbots for taking a major jump into the modern fashion era. Has Talbots revamped their whole line/concept/store as well? Reminds me of when Banana Republic/J.Crew when fashion. Love it..exciting to see old school brands taking risks...more please. Just electric!! :D

^Think about where this label was before (dowdy office wear) and you can see this is a MAJOR upgrade no matter how you look at it. Just sayin:wink: And Linda... *sigh*

An odd pairing...Talbots and Linda Evangelista...but the layout and Linda's simple but "whirling dervish" pose here works. Talbots must have forked out some major dollars for hiring Linda and Mert & Marcus. It's a major overhaul for this brand. I think it's going to get attention when set among the other "busy-looking" ads. And Miss Evangelista is looking very beautiful.

It's Linda Evangelista doing Linda Evangelista which has been working for 20+ years and it's working here... more power to 'em.

I'm not so sure about this. The vibe, the make-up, the clothes or even the Linda. Arrgghhh!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->