New Face at Slides Models :heart:

Height: 5' 11" (180cm)
Bust: 32" (81cm)
Waist: 24.5" (62cm)
Hips: 34.5" (88cm)
Shoes: 39
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Show Package – Haute Couture S/S 13: Crystal: Slides (Women)

models.com

Didit Hediprasetyo Haute Couture S/S 2013 Paris

stylebistro.com

Talbot Runhof ss14 - Paris

stylebistro

I guess she goes by Louise Wong. She is with Primo and Crystal Models and here is her facebook page.

Hong Kong’s representative on the Parisian and Milanese runways Louise Wong shares her tales in the travelling circus that is modelling.

When the FASHIONALLY crew met with Louise in March, she had just come back from the Paris Fashion Week, where she modelled for several haute couture houses such as Maurizio Galante, Franck Sorbier and Didit Hediprasetyo. Whilst there, she also travelled to the UK to film a commercial for Vidal Sassoon. Beautiful and chatty with a sunny disposition that is quite unlike her runway persona, Louise is happy with her ability to bridge commercial and fashion jobs, and the travelling opportunities she gets doing something she enjoys.

The dash across the English Channel from Paris to Manchester is nothing in the globe-trotting agenda of a successful model. Since winning the Elite Model Look 2006, Louise has worked in fashion cities around the world, and been whisked away to exotic locations for photo shoots. This lifestyle must’ve been unfathomable for a school girl who had never thought of becoming a model before it happened.

“I was studying Fashion Design in the Clothing Industry Training Authority when a school mate asked me to model for her collection. She also sent my information to Elite and entered me into the contest,” which Louise won and propelled her into the world of modelling.

Like most everything else, it was not plain sailing to start with, and Louise has to continue to adapt in order to survive in the sometimes gruelling world of fashion. From being criticised for her bad catwalk at the beginning to having to find her way around strange cities, Louise has had to grow up fast. “Once in Milan I had three casting appointments in an hour and I ended up getting lost for three hours. Another model saw me crying in the street and asked if I was ok. Now I know I wouldn’t be daunted going anywhere in the world because I can always find my way!”

Living in models’ apartments while overseas meant Louise has learned to look after herself. But the experiences are always pleasant. “That’s the happy and sad side of modelling because you can get really close to the other models whom you live with for two or three months, but once you part you don’t know if you are ever going to meet again.” She delights in getting to know other cultures and even exchanging culinary skills with the other models.

From reality TV, the fashion laymen are fed with stories of bickering and even catfights when models live together. Louise revealed that in reality they are friends more than rivals. “You’re not likely to be living with people who are looking for the exact same type of jobs. The industry is very well defined. Clients have very specific requirements of the kind of models they want. As an Asian model, I would say there’s no competition with Caucasian models because of how the industry works.”

A passport full of stamps makes Louise proud and happy. One of her fondest memories was a photo shoot that took place in the idyllic city of Bari in Southern Italy. However, some jobs can be physically demanding. She has been asked to dip into a river in 4C in Milan, and jump on a trampoline for hours while wielding a Nunchaku, Bruce Lee’s signature weapon. A combination of glamour and the unexpected is what makes modelling intriguing and fun.

Louise feels that the fashion world is slowly opening up for Asian models. In the past designers would only cast Asians that conformed to a stereotypical look. Now you can see more diverse looking Asian models on runways and in magazines. “I’m not a typical China doll so I wouldn’t have tried to find work overseas if that were still the trend. Now I see a market for myself in beauty, fashion and commercial work,” Louise said.

Hong Kong has produced models but very few have made it on the international stage. Obviously it’s not something for everyone but even having the right look doesn’t guarantee success. “Some models travel to Paris or New York on their own expenses just to knock on doors and wait for opportunities. The competition is huge. I’m lucky that I’ve always managed to find jobs. Having the right agency is important, and you have to understand the different markets. On the Parisian catwalk you’re supposed to act cool, whereas in Milan you should be more feminine. And needless to say in Japan, you can bring your “kawaii” (cute) side! My job is to satisfy the clients’ requirements, not to make myself pretty.”

Louise’s next destination is Singapore where she will spend a few months, before returning to Europe for the fashion weeks. She will be blogging for FASHIONALLY and sharing her life and travels. Watch this space.
fashionally

Sorry for all the links. I'd normally post pictures myself, but I've sort of become distracted while in the middle of something else and I don't want to become completely lost! :lol:

Tan Ni (Louise Wong) is my favorite fashion model in Hong Kong. She is very versatile. I also appreciate her dressing style as she has great fashion sense and knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->