Tanning Beds

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Nixon058, Apr 9, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

I really want to but my parents wont let me! :wacko: I was just wondering who does and their opinions! :)

2. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

unfortunately i do.
    but i NEVER EVER go under the real sun... so the only time i tan is the tanning bed :ninja:
    but its all under control. so far :unsure:

i wouldnt recommend it htough to anyone :flower:

3. tott

tott slightly dizzy

I haven't consciously tanned naturally or artificially, except for outdoor sun exposure, for more than 15 years...

For some reason, I'm starting to feel I should this summer. Living in Italy might be messing with my mind. :ninja:

4. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

it seems like everything bad always happens to me...

when i was 19-(im 37 now)- i spent 20 min in a tanning bed before going on vacation to get a 'base tan' thinking i would burn in the tropical sun...

when the 20 min were up, i looked in the mirror and found i had developed a dark spot about the size of a grain of rice under my left eye... :shock: :cry:

i've tried all the lightening stuff and creme fr my derm...but nothing helps...

needless to say i've never gone to a tanning place since and i stay out of the sun and use spf 15v everyday...but that damn spot won't go away... :angry:

it's not super noticable, but i know it's there and how it got there...my only choice is to have it removed by laser now... :ninja: ...scary...d

be very very careful and definitely protect your face...
    :flower:

5. Glamourina

Glamourina New Member

I used to, all the time. In high school, I went probably 3 times a week, and I was dark...

I wanna start tanning again but I don't wanna get the premature aging or skin cancer or leather face, and I'm afraid Mystic Tan will turn me Oompa Loompa orange. What's a girl to do? With my dark hair, I need some color so I don't look like Wednesday Addams, and since I live in a beach community, having a year-round tan is the most important fashion accessory. Hm.

6. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

the mystic tan actually looks really good providing you don't overdo it... i recommend it over a tanning bed... :flower:

7. StellaStarr

StellaStarr New Member

what the heck do you think this certain girl in my class didnt use mistic tan and just said she did cause within a day her face was white again and her legs had running streaks, her hands were orange!?!? I thought mystic tan was good and i was think of trying it before her now im like i dont want to spend 30 on a bad tan.....

Like Glam ive got dark hair and i need some color but i live in the north and its still snowing some...then it melts when i hits the ground

please check out the mystic tan thread i have more questions in there....

8. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

we are very fair skinned in out family.
    granddad is almost blond and grey eyes...
    anyway, mum is total agains sun. her skin is fabulous though.
    but i just dont like paleness. i find a little tan makes one always look sexier.
    i know lots of people who look so much better in summer than in winter so a sunbed session (i guess) can often help :wacko:

9. StellaStarr

StellaStarr New Member

how do you tan if youve got a fair skinned family?

10. DressageChick

DressageChick New Member

Nah, too scared of skin cancer and I've seen some of the people in my school who go tanning a couple times a week and a couple of those girls have some really scary faces because of it.

11. BabyJ

BabyJ New Member

I think everything is okay in moderation. Don't overdo it.

Some people go to tanning beds two times a day at different locations, or go every single day for 10 minutes. :ick:

I go every now and then. Maybe once every 2 weeks for 10 minutes. I find I am much happier when I leave the tanning salon because we don't get much sun around here!

12. sashatheelf

sashatheelf New Member

i do occasionally. ill get super duper pale and leave it that way for a while in the winter, but then ill tan a couple of times. i never do it in the summer, i dont get why people do it in the summer? there's sun.

13. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Not just no, but Hell NO.

I hate how I look with a tan. I feel like a redneck. Not on me, not ever.

I'm all about the #60 sunblock.

14. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

NO?! :doh: never. i don't need to.
    i'd just say unless you want leathery skin when you're 30 DON'T DO IT!?
    fake it ;)

15. tott

tott slightly dizzy

I'm pale and blond, so I can tell you about me personally: I don't tan very easily. Other people with my colouring do. It's individual...

I turn a very pinkish red if I spend a lot of time in the sun, and by the next morning I'm basically back to pale. There is some build-up of colour though, because all of a sudden I'll notice my skin is a bit more golden than it used to be. It takes considerable time for me to tan though. I need strong sunshine (I could tan here in Italy) or frequent trips to the solarium.

I don't think I could ever get that dark, burnt-to-a-crisp colour though.

16. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

how do you tan if youve got a fair skinned family? [/b][/quote]
    well when i said that its quite RELATIVE.
    im of IRANIAN origin. so normally i should be dark... but im relatively white in comparison. thats what i meant.
    i dont tan that easily but my skin is not fragile as much as blond peoples skins ;)

anyway, i need a tan every now and then :blush:

17. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

18. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i've tried once but i didnt like the yellow tone on my skin..
    plus i find it a bit tacky (see, most european grade d celebrities sport fake tans so, sad but naturally.. i've grown to snob it)

19. pinkillumination

pinkillumination New Member

go parents!!

ive never gone on a sunbed, but thats cuz im thai, so naturally tanned lol

but i hate it when people are overly tanned (blatantly on the bed), it looks urglaaaaaaaaaaaaay

20. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

NOOOOOOO! Tanning beds are unnatural. The rays beamed down on you are even worse that sitting in the noon sun. If you don't want to die an untimely death of melanoma, don't do it.

That's why they developed AHD. Get a good, non-orange self tanner and get to work. ;)