Taryn Manning To Start Clothing Label

Spacemiu

Reaction score
Multi-talented actress TARYN MANNING is working on her own clothing line.

The COLD MOUNTAIN star is already fronting her own band, BOOMKAT, and now is planning to branch out into fashion design, according to the PAGE SIX website.

Her representative says, "It will be very edgy ready-to-wear for women. She may be partnering a la GWEN STEFANI with a larger designer, but we cannot say yet."

She has cool style , but still im so sick of celbritys thinking they can do every thing

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 18th, 2003 - 5:07 pm
Multi-talented actress TARYN MANNING is working on her own clothing line.

The COLD MOUNTAIN star is already fronting her own band, BOOMKAT, and now is planning to branch out into fashion design, according to the PAGE SIX website.

Her representative says, "It will be very edgy ready-to-wear for women. She may be partnering a la GWEN STEFANI with a larger designer, but we cannot say yet."

She has cool style , but still im so sick of celbritys thinking they can do every thing
YES. exactly space.

do popstar-founded labels actually endure? :huh: what's the average lifetime?

i'm assuming that it's only going to be around until their career fizzles out, or when they tire of the project, etc.

there are exceptions of course like p.diddy's sean john label. how's j.lo's clothing line doing?

Is Taryn the girl that was in the BRITNEY SPEARS movie!? If yes, first of all, why start a clothing line when you are not that much of a superstar. She is not even that famous. And her style is really blah.

Sick of her :sick: ! And the other wannabe stars that make some really casual clothing but because they are famous, they are soo expensive !

aww but why should the fact that they are celebrities mean that they shouldnt do anything else they want to do? :flower:

I like her! :heart:

Originally posted by kimkhuu@Oct 19th, 2003 - 8:17 am
Is Taryn the girl that was in the BRITNEY SPEARS movie!? If yes, first of all, why start a clothing line when you are not that much of a superstar. She is not even that famous. And her style is really blah.

yes tahts her, she also wa sin many other movies, she also has a band called 'boomkat'

LLaura* i think every one should be able to do evey thing they whant as long as it dosnt hurt any body, I just get anoyed when stars take advantage of teh status, this is for all of them not just her.

I actually think she has really coll style and a good vouice and good acting skills :heart:

No offense to her fans, but I don't like her style.

I'm personally sick of the "East Village meets Time Out magazine meets Willimasburg punk chick" look.
That is, peopoe who don't know you will be politely referring you as "cool" "hip" "cutting edged" when in fact the smudged black eyeliners/nude lips sans lip gloss/greasy hair ( due to too much hair gel)/ragged denim/drugged out look just comes off unkempt and hollow.

And I don't know who's her target customer, for one, she's that yet reached the "household icon" status. Two, judging from her style, it's so easy to pull that look from any thrift shop or Salvation Army so why bother spending big bucks?

It's late and I'm tired, this post might come off bitchy and snotty.( no offense to anyone who lives in East Village or Williamsburg. :blush: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->