Tatler January 2010 : Joely Richardson

There's nothing wrong with any of the elements of that cover, but they don't come together to make a powerful whole. It's a lovely shot, but it's very vertical. The text is restrained, but doesn't sit easily in the space provided, it looks lost.

I do like the slightly misty background of the image itself, but I don't feel compelled to buy a magazine on account of a good look at the dew on someone's lawn. It's a wonderful editorial image, but not cover material. There's almost too much of a story in that shot, when most covers are one-dimensional attention-grabbers.

But in a way, it's also marvellous that it's happened. We need the occasional cover that doesn't play by the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a nice cover. But is Tatler's usual game. It lures me in with a nice cover every once in a while and then I buy...and the content is generally ridiculously lacking.

nothing special too it

Does anyone know the name of the font Tatler uses for it's masthead????

I had to get this issue for the article about Natasha Richardson. There is also another two articles with Cherie Blair and Claus von Bulow.
Two fashion editorials, one called Right Stripes with Georgia Frost & Charlie France by Kristian Schuller
and Home Sweet Home with Sophie Vlaming by Ruven Afanador

You also get the Travel supplement with the 101 best hotels in the world.

HQ

source | scanned by vogue28

I kind of like her, and I don't know why. Her face looks weird on this cover, but I'd be tempted to buy it for some reason.

That dress of Dior is truly dazzling.And this cover is super cool.I really like it. ; )

Joely's vacant expression and nondescript pose kind of ruins this otherwise beautiful cover for me, but the dress is unbelievably gorgeous. Magical, almost.

I had to get this issue for the article about Natasha Richardson.
Thank you so much. I almost brought it too but the rest of the contents were so abysmally weak and the issue so thin...
the dress is unbelievably gorgeous. Magical, almost.
All the dresses of the Joely editorial are breathtaking. She's also wearing that gorgeous Marchesa gown and a stunning made to order Valentino, among other things.

I hope her feature get scanned.

35li554.jpg

style.com

I definately think that Tatler covers have improved since the new editor arrived. I like their move towards location shoots, and away from boring (white) studio shoots. I think Joely looks lovely in the dress but her face and hair seems a little casual, like she hasn't had her makeup done yet, and not in a good way.

I agree with all the above comments about the cover but I could never buy something that put "Is it rude to vote Labour...and other social dilemma's resolved" on its cover. I don't know whether to laugh or cry

All the dresses of the Joely editorial are breathtaking. She's also wearing that gorgeous Marchesa gown and a stunning made to order Valentino, among other things.

Holy smokes! This looks so promising! I'm not really a Tatler kind of person, so I doubt I'll be getting this, but I do hope someone does and scans it for us! Would love to see more... :flower:

it looks quite elegant though the word tatler stands out too much

Not a great cover, but she looks very nice.

my snaps Home Sweet Home by Ruven Afanador

Charlie Siem

Right Stripes by Kristian Schuller

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->