Tatler June 2022 : Lady Amelia Windsor by Luc Braquet

Just when I'd gotten used to seeing glamour. Scruffy couture is a contradiction in terms.

My subscription copy is here, 136 pgs. The cover is a throwback to the periods when Tatler covers went to people that nobody really cared about outside of their own social circle. Pat Cleveland and Sophie Pera are listed as Tatler contributors.

The Couture section opens with an article "In 2022, you can define a socialite by the couture house she champions on Instagram" with a look at some of the front-row faces, then and now. Then comes an eight-page feature where the cover girl Amelia Windsor wears Dior couture in Paris. There are two pages of haute couture memories, including Pat Cleveland's account of working for Dior (Marc Bohan). Then there's a 16-page studio-shot fashion editorial.

That's about it for the fashion content, although the issue covers the usual society scandals, and includes a piece on the relationship between poet Siegfried Sassoon and aristocrat Stephen Tennant.

I find this issue more entertaining than most other magazines - but not a keeper by its own standards.

SOME LIKE IT HAUTE
Photography:
Luc Braquet
Styling: Sophie Pera
Hair: Massanori Yahiro
Make-up: Lloyd Simmonds
Model/Celebrity: Amelia Windsor

Tatler Digital Edition

WELCOME TO OUR HAUTE COUTURE PARTY!
Photography:
Daniel Sachon
Styling: Sophie Pera
Hair: Oskar Pera
Make-up: Terry Barber
Models: Mathilde Pinault, Nassia Matsa, Alek Malek, Bola Edun, Lord Vere of Hanworth, Ben Allen, Fadhi Mohamed, Nadia Lee Cohen, Jacob Mallinson Bird, Virginia Bates, Tish Weinstock, Jack Buchanan, Holly Rose Emery & SiuHei Chung

Tatler Digital Edition

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->