Tattooing Freckles On Face

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by zashikibuta, Aug 21, 2004.

1. zashikibuta

zashikibuta New Member

Am I crazy. I dunno.. I already have freckles but I want to enhance them more without having to use my Lancome freckle pencil..hehehehe.......That I am thinking of tatooing them, just on the bridge of my nose....

Everyone thinks I'm nuts because I have porcelain skin (as I have been told) and I haven't met anyone who likes my freckles..'cept for myself..... :lol:

Again, am I nuts for wanting to have the face of a redhead?

2. orlem

orlem New Member

No, if you feel it suits your personality and style then I am all for it. :wub:

3. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

i like freckles

4. FashionVixen

FashionVixen New Member

I say go for it if you love them. I personally love freckles and you should certainly embrace them. Just remember, its a permanent makeover!

5. hollyslookingdry

hollyslookingdry New Member

Weeee freckles rule.

But wouldn't it hurt a lot to do it on your nose?

6. eloes

eloes New Member

I love freckles...but I've never heard of tattooing them. It sounds interesting, although I do have doubts: What if the tattoo artist messed them up? What if you got sick of them? What if they stood out horribly as weird blemishes rather than pretty freckles? :ninja: :unsure:

I think I'm a pessimist.

7. eloes

eloes New Member

freckle pencil? now that i want!

8. nuiko

nuiko New Member

it was a limited edition and is now discontinued! :cry:
    i don't think it was a very popular item...

9. Misako

Misako within an embrace

I remember hearing about that - who made that freckle pencil? was it lancome?

10. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

I have freckles and I LOOOOVE them. I have one on the corner of my left eye that I named Gilly when I was 3. :P

11. Misako

Misako within an embrace

Aww, naming freckles! I think I have too many to name, though, lol. Just a spattering across the bridge of my nose and on my cheekbones, but just there I'd probably have 50 names, or something. :P

12. Misako

Misako within an embrace

...although now that I think about it, maybe I can name the few that are on my lips! :lol:

13. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

For those who want a freckle pencil, you can use an eyebrow pencil in a lighter shade (meant for blondes and redheads) which should produce the results you want.

14. tealady

tealady New Member

When considering permanent changes like tattoos, consider what it will look like when you are 80, if you gain 50 pounds, when freckles are seen as the bane of the style scene, etc. What looks great today may be a disaster tomorrow. Proceed with care!! :flower:

15. BabyJ

BabyJ New Member

I have three small freckles in a straight diangle line on my nose, everyone thinks they are cute but I would never in my life think of tattooing any more on!

Just remember that tattooing is pretty much permanent. If you decide later on in life you want to have them removed, it is a very painful process and you will still have faint red marks on your face from where the freckles were.

My suggestion: Use your freckle pencil for a while and see if you still like the results day after day after day. If you do like it, then go ahead and get them tattooed. :smile:

16. Honey

Honey New Member

I don't think you realize how much that is going to hurt! The less cushion-y the spot, the more it hurts. And I don't know about you, but my nose has no cushion to it.

And you would have to find one helluva great tattoo artist. Just one freckle alone, has a great range of color, and they aren't perfectly round. I'm afraid that a tattoo artist would end up tattooing reddish round spots on your nose, rather than freckles.

17. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I find it absolutely amazing that people without freckles want them, and people without don't... I, personally, have them... and I'd do anything for "clear" skin on my face. But as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Pain would be the least of my worries... What about if you decide in a year, or two, or even in ten, or when you're really old, that you no longer want them? I think you should stick to the pencil, because tastes DO change. Don't be a victim of tattoo remorse!

18. dior_addict

dior_addict New Member

I'd say...reconsider the tatooing. Of course pain would be an issue as well as changes in tastes down the road, but freckles are like a natural beauty trait...stick to the au natural. I'm sure they are beautiful just the way they are. :flower:

19. zashikibuta

zashikibuta New Member

thanx guys for replying.

When I bought that Lancome freckle pencil (sprinted to the dept store and bought it once I saw it advertised, sounds more appropriate though) The saleslady asked me, "why in the world would I buy one, when *she* tried everything she could to get rid of hers" I thought that was kinda funny, not good sales tactic I think...

I haven't me anyone who *likes* my freckles.. Everyone is like, you have perfect skin, now all you have to do is get rid of the freckles. :lol: I feel my face is just so blah without them.

i'll give it more thought

20. Plumour

Plumour New Member