Tattoos #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
too generic. find something that means somethin to you before you have it permanently placed on your body.

Get a little coathanger in the nap of your neck...which model is it that is sporting that, I forget ?? Eventhough it's "done" I like the quirkyness of it..and I'm not a tatoo-person.

i don't like tatoos either... have you given this some serious thought dal?

Originally posted by Hanne@Nov 3 2004, 12:40 PM
Get a little coathanger in the nap of your neck...which model is it that is sporting that, I forget ?? Eventhough it's "done" I like the quirkyness of it..and I'm not a tatoo-person.
[snapback]416455[/snapback]​
Nicole Turfino, I thought it was really cute as well.

I wouldn't advice asking about a tattoo in an online forum though... :ninja: Maybe you should give it some more thought.

If you had to choose between the two, I guess a butterfly would be better, but they're both probably the most common tattoos in the world. I tend to roll my eyes when I see either.

You should think of things that represent your personality or something close to you, then design it yourself or have someone design it for you. I think it would be more sentimental and meaningful :flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Nov 3 2004, 02:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Nov 3 2004, 02:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nicole Turfino, I thought it was really cute as well.
[snapback]416615[/snapback]​
[/b]

I really liked it, it made me smile :flower:

<!--QuoteBegin-Couture_Whore
@Nov 3 2004, 05:15 PM
You should think of things that represent your personality or something close to you, then design it yourself or have someone design it for you. I think it would be more sentimental and meaningful :flower:
[snapback]416890[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I agree completely :flower:

vintage_princess

luna

Hanne

Ferda

purplelucrezia

AlexN

alwaysandnever

Couture_Whore

tiffany

thanks for your cute comments
you make this page shining :heart:

Originally posted by Hanne@Nov 3 2004, 09:40 AM
[snapback]416455[/snapback]​

tattoo.jpg

so cute! :heart: :blush:

I have to say that i am not aginst tattoos...having two myself. But i am aginst a tattoo when a person gets whatever design just to have one. I really wanted one for 3 years before i had my 1st done and I am very happy that i did not settle for just anything. My advice is look on-line and see if you find something that strikes your interest (keeping in mind that you are going to have this forever) and then make it personal to you. Find your tattoo artist and then you can explain what you want and typically with a good example they can draw something up and then you could make changes until you feel right about it.

I agree to really think about it entirely before. I got a tattoo when I was 18 and WISH I thought more about it. I do not regret the tattoo, it reminds me of something that is not totally me. BUT I do regret where I got it, on my ankle. It does not look appropriate all the time so I often cover it up more than show it. Anyway, of all the tattoos I have seen the 2 that have really stuck out in my mind are a little ralph lauren symbol on an ankle, which I loved. The second, a hello kitty tattoo with a pink bow, I thought it was the cutest tattoo ever, considering tattoos are not meant to be cute....I think. But those are not back tattoos really. I live in Chicago and went to jade dragon, visit www.jadedragontattoo.com. Many famous people have thier tattoos done there, you may find an idea! Good luck on your choice!

your tattoo should be of something that you like... or you're interested in.

I've always been into celestial stuff... so i have this on my lower back:
img%20051.jpg

It started out with the moon... then the sun was added a year later... and this summer i added the design in the middle to connect the two.

PS: this is a recent pic.. since then the redness has gone away and the darkness of the ink now matches the sun and the moon.. i know it looks silly in this pic. :wink:

I don't think you should get either to be honest, they're so commonly seen.

Like many others have said already don't get whatever design cause you just want a tattoo, cause it's there for life and should really mean something to you.

I love tattoos, but i don't love tattoos that aren't well thought out.

If you're sure you want one, i'd deffinately give it some more thought dal3, do you really want the same thing as so many other people already have? :flower:

p.s go to bmezine and have a look at the tattoo galleries, maybe you will find some more inspiration there, and theres lots of good info about tattoo's and piercings etc, it's worth a look deffinately.

hope this has helped

:flower:

Originally posted by luna@Nov 3 2004, 12:30 PM
too generic. find something that means somethin to you before you have it permanently placed on your body.
[snapback]416436[/snapback]​

Hmmm, my chinese symbol means a lot to me. it took me two years to decide that i want one. but, yea, most people will get something stupid...

And before anyone decides to get a chinese symbol, please research to see if that's what you really want. the following article is a hoax, but potentially it could be true.

http://www.soufoaklin.com/tattooartist.html

I have both -- incorporated into one design! It's the last character of my Chinese name (which also means "laughter") with a set of custom-designed butterfly wings around it. I got it on my my birthday and I love it. :smile:

I agree with what everyone else has said, though. Get something that represents you, or something that has a very deep meaning to you. Do either the Chinese character or butterfly have that? If not, I'd keep on looking.

please please please please please don't get either. First off I'm so sick of non-chinese people getting chinese characters tattooed on them. If it's so meaningful then why not get it in english (at most, Latin). Taking the chinese language and essentially objectifying it just makes the wearer look ridiculous, especially to any asians walking by.

Tattoos in the base of the back are also played out. Every girl and their mother has one and all it does is make you look cheap. A lot of girls in college are going to regret the "tribal design" they got in the small of their back in about 3 years.

If you're going for something original and meaningful, don't flip through the tattoo book at a parlor. Come up with some design of your own (NOT anything "tribal" or anything lame like that.). If you're really not sure then hell, go for a blacklight sensitive tattoo. They have the inks now (FDA approved) that are invisible in regular light, but shine real bright under blacklights and such. An interesting option for everyone.

Just please.... no more chinese characters unless you're chinese. It's like getting a tattoo of say... "love/happiness/peace/spiritual strength/god etc. etc. etc. etc." in hebrew if you aren't Jewish. It's just dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carmennprivato
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->