Tattoos #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ that does seem about right... doing some google work, i see it's not really fixable unless my artist works on shading? but i dont want shading =[
so you're saying my artist drove the needle too deep... could this explain why i thought it hurt so much more than my far larger piece on my ribs? haha after he did this one, i felt so light-headed and threw up.
sigh, but thank you for the info elegance! im glad you answered my question, but now if there was only a way to fix it ...

It's a line of script, so I'm assuming its just bold letters so someone can try to re fill in and clean up the outlines. since they have to re outline the script hence making it slightly thicker, depends on how blown out it is if its an easy fix- if its small text with that much more width added might be unreadable. Going to get this fixed you need to go elsewhere- obviously this guy has inconsistency with his hand strokes and if he couldnt do it right the first time, I would be very concerned with doing a second sitting as covering up mistakes is harder work than a tattoo. Given some blowouts are also caused by the skins reaction, but by how you described the experience being so painful for a smaller tat then maybe he was digging in more than he should.

Do you have pictures? It's kinda hard to really know what kind of work it needs done by a description. If it needs close look to notice the blow out, it probably can be relined to make it more crisp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did your Tattoo hurt?
tattoo.png

Jhene Aiko: It hurt BAD, but it was worth it because of its MEANING…..look up LOTUS BLOSSOM, and you’ll see why :smile:

and so we looked it up…

The lotus flower has this unique characteristic that it blooms and sheds its seeds at the same time so in
context to buddhism the karma theory says that just like the lotus flower our life is made up of cause and effect every cause be it action word thought will imprint a effect and that can be seen in this life time or next lives

In Buddhist paintings and sculpture, the Buddha is often seated on a lotus flower. The lotus produces a beautiful flower even with its roots in the dirtiest water. The symbolism is that a person can rise above being rooted in the ugliness and suffering of this world, and should try to be pure and help others with beauty of the spirit.

The Lotus signifies that even the dirtiest water will not cling to the Lotus (pure in spirit). Try sprinkling water on a Lotus leaf and it will just roll off.

The Lotus flower is believed to be able to reproduce form its own matrix. In this regard, it is the symbol of ’self-regeneration’ which in Sanskrit is, svayambhû. Svayambhû can also mean ’self-existent’ and ‘independent’. One often sees the Lotus as the throne upon which the Buddha sits. Here, the Buddha is the symbol of the awakened Mind which is self-existent, independent, and self-regenerating.
l_d63148b13b7fcb4b89dd5f19f1fe5e0d.jpg

ultimate-jhene.com
photobucket.com

^ My cousin got a vine with flowers up her side today too! She was in SO much pain, all she has at the moment is a the green vine and the outline out the flowers and had to bail and book another sitting for the rest of it because she couldn't hack anymore!

^I will endure the worst pain ever for a tatoo like jhene The colours are just so stunning & fierce!

^ that does seem about right... doing some google work, i see it's not really fixable unless my artist works on shading? but i dont want shading =[
so you're saying my artist drove the needle too deep... could this explain why i thought it hurt so much more than my far larger piece on my ribs? haha after he did this one, i felt so light-headed and threw up.
sigh, but thank you for the info elegance! im glad you answered my question, but now if there was only a way to fix it ...

the only real way of fixing it is going over it again which would inturn make the lines much thicker to cover the mistake as Sephora_Socialite pointed out, which can just make the tattoo look worse sometimes. you'd have to decide whether its best to try and correct it or just leave it as it is which is a shame that it didnt turn out perfect first time because we have to put so much trust in tattoo artists!

okay first of all, i apologize in advance for the crappy webcam photo. that's all that's available for me at the moment. second of all, for those of you cannot see, it says "one heart for the sutures" and it looks a LOT better on webcam. in actuality, there IS blur around the script. the problem area is the part that's underlined ("One heart for"). just trust me when i say it's blurred, but i think, from the picture, it's pretty obvious that the script is fairly thick. after reading the responses, i now see that it might be a bad idea to go over it. any thicker and it will probably be illegible. you also can't really see from the picture, but some parts of the script are faded. for example, the r in "for" is fairly faint and the o in "one is thinner in some parts. i do hesitate now to touch it up, but i also feel that leaving some parts untouched will make it look old (for lack of a better word). thoughts?

also, if anyone is interested in seeing my larger lotus piece, i can take a full picture of my ribs

174ls7.jpg

looks great.. really great on you, yet i would hardly say its 'heart' written there..

what font did u use?

okay first of all, i apologize in advance for the crappy webcam photo. that's all that's available for me at the moment. second of all, for those of you cannot see, it says "one heart for the sutures" and it looks a LOT better on webcam. in actuality, there IS blur around the script. the problem area is the part that's underlined ("One heart for"). just trust me when i say it's blurred, but i think, from the picture, it's pretty obvious that the script is fairly thick. after reading the responses, i now see that it might be a bad idea to go over it. any thicker and it will probably be illegible. you also can't really see from the picture, but some parts of the script are faded. for example, the r in "for" is fairly faint and the o in "one is thinner in some parts. i do hesitate now to touch it up, but i also feel that leaving some parts untouched will make it look old (for lack of a better word). thoughts?

also, if anyone is interested in seeing my larger lotus piece, i can take a full picture of my ribs

Post the lotus please :blush:

^ bejeweled

Well yeah you cant get it perfect but I can see that the blow out isnt major. take it to a skilled artist and at least have it tattooed where its faded to make the coloring uniform. And yeah it's possible to outline it to clean up the line, they just have to line it right on the line and not much outside of whats already there. It's very possible to improve this- specially youre in the Bay Area! Theres a lot of good artist there. Who knows, you might just find someone else awesome to fix the tat and get clean non blowout work from in the future.

I dont know what part you're from but I cannot stop recommending to people there to please check out State of Grace tattoo. That is known as one of the best tattoo shops in the USA and it's in your area. Yeah they're a little spendy, but you can't put a price on having a perfect tattoo everytime. It's like plastic surgery- the discount aint worth it if the work has made the body worse than enhanced. I'm in Nevada and even thats where I'm going- want a piece by Horitaka. They're very friendly, understanding and professional of a shop. If you can be tattooed by Horitaka here...it's a ridiculous honor. Seriously. Thinking about one day having a piece by him and Shige make me cathartic.

Tattoo City of course used to be Ed Hardys shop so it's famous but the work is professional and clean.

Premium Tattoo- my friend goes and is happy. The tatt they got has real crisp lining and its a vintage shop too and they got some fun clothes.

Body Manipulations is a shop mostly for piercing, but one of my fave artists does work out of there.

Black& Blue- woman owned and operated shop. very sweet and welcoming. have a ton of awards

Everlasting- I heart Mike Davis here- crazy clean work.

Lyle Tuttle Tattooing- Tanja Nixx there is a sweetheart!

Black Heart Tattoo- a little rude, but they have respect because they are clean and serious artists

so many to name there are top notch places that are at your reach. LOL. I'm jealous because I'd be covered by now if I was in the Bay and not living in Las Vegas .

^ Id like to add Black Heart tattoo has Juan Puente. He's nice and f***ing funny! He's Los Angeles tattooing legend. Other guys, I like their work but not so much how they run theyre mouth off. It's mostly the support staff thats rude moreso than the artists.

LOL.

Ummm yeah. Let me know if you need more suggestions. Some of ya'll have a bunch of tattoos and I have none but I have a lot of tatto knowledge that the average inked up person does not. Artists, shops, tattoo history is my random useless knowledge/passion that I have devoured for about 6 years now.

I'm thinking my next tat might be one of those "mom" tattoos with the heart and banner, except where it says "Mom" I wanna put an anagram for my mom's name.

Or... I might just go simple and just get lettering done of the anagram.

does anyone know where i could find some pictures of non-tacky white rose tattoos? i really want one but can't decide where to place it or what exactly i want it to look like

i have abit of keratosis pilaris on the back of my upper arms since like 50% of people have this type of skin condition i just wondered if its ok to tattoo over it? are they any disadvantages? big no no? or makes no difference what so ever?

anybody have any kind of info on this?

This is my only tattoo so far. it's tiny. Slightly modded from the pic in order to fit the small space without looking bad.

Audio_Heart_Tattoo_Design_by_PointOfYou.jpg
4271198180_c568883099_m.jpg

drawing source: deviantart.com artist: pointofyou

photo: mine

^oh no! Thats just horrible....:blink:. Gah, I'm getting my tattoo soon & I'm hoping that I have a legit tattoo artist!

^^That's exactly why when I get faces it has to be a caricature, I'm too afraid that a portrait wouldn't come out right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->