Tattoos #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both are not so cool. :doh:

The butterfly is too tacky (for some reasons it reminds me of Mariah Carey) and unless chineese characters have a special meaning to you, it's just not too hot looking seriously.

If I were to have a tattoo (which will probably never happen), I'd like to have that little clothes hanger or Erin Wasson's tattoo which is just SO cool!

I just got my tattoo six weeks ago, it's three calla lilies (my favorite flower) and I drew it myself, then gave it to the guy to drill into my lower back. I love it so much. I also waited almost two years before getting mine.

I personally would go for something that is less popular than the butterfly or chinese symbol. Find something that says something about you, or speaks to your soul. Every tattoo I have tells a story. My angel wings are in honour of my son Angel. My celtic cross with the Imperial Dragon wrapped around it and the German Flag and Czech Republic Flag combined tell about my family history. Bruno's and Angel's names are in Gaelic on my left pec. I have a bacardi bat sitting right in the cleavage of my *** that I got when I turned 18. And I have a serpent tattooed on my inner right thigh that I got when I graduated college. I also got a Phoenix right below my pant line in honour of Bruno when he passed away. And I have the last one on my *** that has the construction sign on it with the two way arrows.

Short of the long...it should say something about you personally. Not just be there because it can. Once you get them, unless you go through the painful and scarring process of getting them removed, they are there for life. It should be something that causes you to look back with fond memories, not wonder why you got pulled in by the crowd. B)

Originally posted by Vinniccio@Nov 17 2004, 09:43 PM
I personally would go for something that is less popular than the butterfly or chinese symbol. Find something that says something about you, or speaks to your soul. Every tattoo I have tells a story. My angel wings are in honour of my son Angel. My celtic cross with the Imperial Dragon wrapped around it and the German Flag and Czech Republic Flag combined tell about my family history. Bruno's and Angel's names are in Gaelic on my left pec. I have a bacardi bat sitting right in the cleavage of my *** that I got when I turned 18. And I have a serpent tattooed on my inner right thigh that I got when I graduated college. I also got a Phoenix right below my pant line in honour of Bruno when he passed away. And I have the last one on my *** that has the construction sign on it with the two way arrows.

Short of the long...it should say something about you personally. Not just be there because it can. Once you get them, unless you go through the painful and scarring process of getting them removed, they are there for life. It should be something that causes you to look back with fond memories, not wonder why you got pulled in by the crowd. B)
[snapback]436574[/snapback]​

Vinniccio, your reasons are absolutely the right reasons to have tattoos. They sound like they're quite nice.

Originally posted by Chinorlz@Nov 17 2004, 09:06 PM
Vinniccio, your reasons are absolutely the right reasons to have tattoos. They sound like they're quite nice.
[snapback]436600[/snapback]​

Thanks. They are very addictive though. It IS hard not to get one just beause I think it's cool.

Originally posted by Chinorlz@Nov 17 2004, 08:08 PM

Tattoos in the base of the back are also played out. Every girl and their mother has one and all it does is make you look cheap. A lot of girls in college are going to regret the "tribal design" they got in the small of their back in about 3 years.

[snapback]436535[/snapback]​

:lol: It's a human body... there are only so many acceptable places you can put a tattoo. Plus, since I plan on having a professional career, I can't have a tattoo on my neck or arm ... i wanted it somewhere I could easily hide it if need be.

I don't think lower back tattoos will be "out of style"... if so.. then how do you think about getting a tattoo on your bicep.

"omg.. that's so 80s!"

I've been against tattoos (for myself) for years. I've always thought that I wouldn't do something unchangeable to my body like that (my body is a temple, all of that). The inks are icky, the removal process is horrific, and a lot of them come out looking quite tacky. But...this summer, I saw a tattoo that made me reconsider. This girl in my class had a small red and yellow umbrella on the back of her neck, and it was absolutely adorable. It was quirky and unusual, just like her, and it was also meaningful to her because it represented her relationship with her grandmother (she had a nice story about an umbrella that I've forgotten). Also, the position was subtle because her hair could hide it. Actually, it now seems a lot like that model's hanger tattoo (which I also think is adorable).

So, anyway, if I got a tattoo, it would be something like that.

Miss D. so glad you mentioned BME. I used to love it there! I was really into piercings at one point (never got any but I began researching one and then I started getting into finding info out about them) but anyway it's really great place for good info.

Originally posted by luna@Nov 17 2004, 11:54 PM
:lol: It's a human body... there are only so many acceptable places you can put a tattoo. Plus, since I plan on having a professional career, I can't have a tattoo on my neck or arm ... i wanted it somewhere I could easily hide it if need be.

I don't think lower back tattoos will be "out of style"... if so.. then how do you think about getting a tattoo on your bicep.

"omg.. that's so 80s!"
[snapback]436737[/snapback]​

Fair enough. I'm just sooo tired of every girl i see in bars and clubs and walking around campus with the same design peeking over their pants. Perhaps it's more about them just jumping on the bandwagon of homogeneity that irritates me. These girls that strive to look exactly like all their friends, it's like they can't think for themselves.
Plenty of dudes are like that as well....

Originally posted by Meg@Nov 18 2004, 01:00 AM
Miss D. so glad you mentioned BME. I used to love it there! I was really into piercings at one point (never got any but I began researching one and then I started getting into finding info out about them) but anyway it's really great place for good info.
[snapback]436832[/snapback]​

Yes, Bme is a very good site, I used to have a lot more piercings than i do now, i've taken all my visible ones out Apart from my nose and my ears, but i don't wear anything in my ears often anymore.

I still have other piercings and the sites always been helpful to me.

I've been the cover of bme before too haha B) :P

i want a butterfly tattoo on my back but not the small of my back up abit and to the right likes its flyiing away! :P

I have several tattoos and I've been designing tattoos for about a year for people..here's some things I tell them.

2 things you should never get tattooed

- something in a foreign language you cannot speak or read
- a significant others name

Personally, though foreign language writing can be beautiful at times, I think its rather cliched. Significant others name is pretty self explainatory.

Several things you want to consider when getting a tattoo...

where its gonna be and what your'e planning to do for the rest of your life, career wise. many tattoo parlors will not do visible tattoos (neck, hands) for first timers or sometimes charge more for it because it is very hard to get a "real world" job with visible tattoos.

After I do a design for someone, I tell them to wait about 3 months. Hang the picture on their wall and look at it everyday. If they still want it in 3 months, get it.

I also photoshop the design on a picture of themselves, in the place they're considering getting it. You might want to ask around for someone that is handy with photoshop, it requires a little tweaking to get it to look real, but its not too hard. This will also give you an idea of where to put it, how big it will be.

Like everyone said, get something that means something to you, rather than something that looks nice. When you find something that has a good meaning to you, its very easy to make it look good design wise. Find a good artist to make your vision real. Many tattoo artist will design a piece, but I personally don't trust them (I maybe a little bias since I'm an illustrator by trade.)

And go by reputation, not price. this is permanent, you do not want to skimp out. Look for someone that has a crap load of good tattoos done and ask him/her where they got it.

I must admit that I have a butterfly on the base of my back :ninja:

I always wanted a butterfly and I found the picture which inspired the tatto I have today (I'm 21 now) when I was 15. So I thought about it for 6 years (mostly because I was a minor and couldn't get it done).

The butterfly has a deeper mening for me. Out of something ugly, boring can something unexpected, beautiful and suprising come. I read a lot about butterflies before I got it so I knew what they represented in different cultures.

As for the place, you don't have so many places on your body to choose from. But I never, ever wear low jeans or show my stomach so everyone can see it. It is only my bf who have every really seen it and it feels like a intimite (Sp?) secret between us.

Many might say that I was unoriginal but this was what worked for me.

A comment on chinese characters: it is very VERY common to get whatever word you want totally wrong. David Beckham have Victorias name misspelled on his arm (not chinese but anyway) and don't forget Britney's tattoo which also was wrong.

just make sure you get something special to you and art that is not off the tattoo shop wall.. there is nothing worse then a generic tattoo - :wink:

ew chinese symbol so 19990's spice girl no offence, i personally think its is very common and tacky, and plus can you be sure of what it says ???? Butterfly is the better option out of the 2 i think although that is also very common. What about designing your own personal tatoo, its more special that way.

tattoo decisions/designs

tattoo design. comments welcome aslong as there not negative!^_^

maybe people could post there tattoo designs that they have, would like to get, or they wouldnt get but they like the design anyway!

post away!:flower:

p.s. if theres already a thread on this sorry! :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let this be taken as negative but it looks like flash (i.e. off the wall of a shop) if you are going to put something on yourbody for the rest of your life, why get something that looks so similar to what thousands of other people have.

tattoo artists are just that...artists...if you want a butterfly they can work with you and help give you something all your own.

that being said, if that's what you want then all that matters is that it makes ytou happy...

-jovana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->