Taylor Momsen (Please put all Taylor Momsen news here)

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by Magnus, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suhzie

Suhzie Member

You see right thru me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*rolling my eyes like yeah*

community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/

2. vagrants

vagrants New Member

It's been said before, but really, where are her parents? Teenage rebellion is all well and good, but so are limits, and parenting.

Also, to go back to an earlier discussion, I think this is completely different from underage models. That's a job. When you see street style photos of models, including the younger ones, they're generally nicely dressed in opaque clothing. If a designer gives them a ton of money to model a less than modest dress, that doesn't bother me. That's the designer's vision, not their own. Whereas Taylor's dressing is entirely her own - the image she is choosing to project to the world is all lingerie, see through garments, and stripper shoes. And given her celebrity, these images are all over the place and they're being talked about. She might be too young to know better, but her parents should be ashamed of themselves. She'd still be raking in the dough if she was wearing clothing instead of underwear.

ETA: When is someone going to tell her that she's just a trashtastic trainwreck, not a harcore rock star? Not to mention that her interviews give the impression that she seems to think she's a great artist. Child, your music is bland pop rock. Trailblazing, it is not.

#102 vagrants, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Oct 27, 2010
  3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

Maybe she's up for the lead in the a remake of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"??? :unsure:

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

She has, what we used to call, far away eyes...

No, this isn't Taylor Momsen's Halloween costume. Yes, we're still horrified.
    Yikes. We all know that Taylor Momsen(Jenny) is a bit out of control (by bit, we mean very), but has her latest fashion mistake taken things one step too far?

The Gossip Girl star was photographed in West Hollywood last night, wearing what looks like a zombie costume for Halloween. The only problem? It isn't Halloween and the outfit isn't a costume. Oh, Little J; when are you going to learn?

[​IMG]
    wetpaint.com

#104 Boomer, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Oct 27, 2010
  5. Menonita

Menonita New Member

It has been stated that her mother approved of her flashing her breasts during a recent gig.

musicistheheartofoursoul.toxicstrut.net

I'm having a hard time believing this. :blink:

6. Boomer

Boomer New Member

Taylor Momsen took some time off from flashing her under-aged goods to put on clothes and return as Jenny Humprey on Gossip Girl. Her behavior on set pissed off Tim Gunn, starring in a cameo role as himself, who called her a "diva" after filming. "She was pathetic, she couldn't remember her lines, and she didn't even have that many. I thought to myself, 'why are we all being held hostage by this brat?'"-
    And thus the verbal war began. The episode aired for the first time last night and instead of angry chemistry filled with hate and rage it seemed...
    Blah. Flat and unrehearsed by both parties. Sure Tim isn't known for his animated expressiveness, but I still think he could make it work better than this. In this clip it seems like neither know their lines. Jenny/Taylor seems bored, possibly hungover.
    Jenny is having an interview with Tim to help her get into Parsons. She must show him her collection, but OMG, it's been defaced by Blair's friends to spell the word "Whore." Not so high fashion. Tim is upset, but Chuck invites Jenny to an Observer party at the Boom Boom Room and Tim happens to be attending (along with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner in cameo form). Jenny is able to apologize and the scene comes off better than the first with slightly more emotion and an underlying edge of strain between the pair.
    But unless you were looking for something, you probably wouldn't see it. Would you agree? Was Tim's performance zombie-like even for him? Have I merely forgotten how stiff Taylor can be when restricted by pants?

Guest of a Guest

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

How can she breath?? :blink:

Taylor Momsen 2010-10-26 - playing at the Roxy theatre in Hollywood

[​IMG]
    celebrity-paradise.com

8. LUXXX

LUXXX New Member

You should see how her mother dresses! She looks like a biker chick.

9. isa.b.elle.

isa.b.elle. Active Member

^ahahah... like mother like daughter...i can't decide which couple is the best..Taylor&her mom or Lindsay&Dina :lol:

10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

^ I'm going with Dina then; she looks like she understands what a shower is all about.... ;)

11. pavonine

pavonine New Member

Maybe her mum understands that whatever Taylor does, all the antics and shenanigans are only a part of an act. Maybe the "real" Taylor isn't really the person she tries (too hard, perhaps) to make everyone believe she is. She'll rake in the moolah and the all the much desired publicity, which really is all showbiz is about, innit? Both fashion and Hollywood aren't strangers to nudity, so don't exposing your gaffer-taped tits or barely covering your tits on the cover of Vanity Fair or Vogue Paris cover sort of boil down to the same thing, really? That's the only logical explanation I can come up with as to why her mum would be perfectly OK with her gigs.

The other obvious conclusion one can draw is that they're both avaricious, money-obsessed scumbags who don't give a toss about really anything else.

12. amygrindhouse

amygrindhouse New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_0AR58QKIU

hm, not all that impressive. i love taylor's character, but more in the first two seasons than now. i think her off-screen antics have kind of swayed my opinion of her on-screen.

that being said i really love her new album and i think she's very confident in herself which i love. i think she should tone down on the eyeliner however, it makes her look... drugged/hungover 24/7.

13. Boomer

Boomer New Member

14. amour_amour363

amour_amour363 New Member

^ first video of hers I've ever watched.
    She looks like she's trying so hard. It's like she's taken cliches from the goth/alternative scenes and tried to work bad versions of them into her appearance. There are far nicer latex dresses out there, and the sub. collar just tops it all off. Inappropriate for her age or not, it just looks like she's trying to find an identity for herself.

I'm sure in a couple of years she'll look back and laugh/cringe. That or she'll be doomed to appearing like an experimental teenager forever.

15. paz2992

paz2992 New Member

the new video is actually pretty good, and also the song.

appart from the attitude she presents to the media that i dont really like, the rest of her is pretty good.

16. farou7a

farou7a New Member

fashionista.com

17. Nemova

Nemova -

^:clap: Beautifully written.

:rofl: This guy is my hero.

18. Fantomette

Fantomette Active Member

I like that part. I hate seeing prostitution diabolized about as much as I hate seeing it glamorized, the subject is way too sensitive. I wish this young girl would read this message, it might makes her think.

19. farou7a

farou7a New Member

He certainly stated the truth. Im glad they published it.

20. mrsjamesdean

mrsjamesdean New Member

Thank you John Ortved!!!

Most of the time I try to refrain from posting things about her but I do it sometimes because Momsen really does shock people with her 'antics'. Though some people are giving her too much benefit of the doubt with the whole age thing saying she's young and 'experimenting' etc. I understand that there is a given percentage of teenagers who act of similar (or to a lesser degree because her fame heightens her extremity)to Momsen but there's also a much larger percentage who doesn't and who actually does has some ounce of common sense...though I might be generalising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.