Taylor Tomasi Hill (December 2010 - February 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Manager

Retired
Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]67461[/split]

----------------

Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use the search function.
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Taylor Tomasi Hill - Style and Accessories Director, US Marie Claire

Taylor Tomasi, senior market editor at Teen Vogue.

1388595d.jpg

Featured in many a street style blog after the Fall shows - Taylor Tomasi captures the spirit of real dressing. Mix master that she is, she clearly has the masculine/feminine, hard/soft combos down to a fine science. Favorite labels: Proenza Schouler shoes, Rick Owens, Miu Miu bags, Ann Demeulemeester and little vintage thrown in for good measure.
source: theglossy.blogspot.com

Anyone have more pics of her? :heart:

Also: I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the wrong section (maybe it should go in "Behind the Lens"?). :unsure:

That Prada or miu-miu tie-dye bag still rocks.

Interesting news about Barney's; that'd change her role quite a bit. Different scene I'd think.

She made Tommy Ton's "Best Dressed" list at Style.com

I like her at Marie Claire and I think she's doing a fantastic job. Surprised to hear the news about Barneys. I'm not sure if she's the right fit for the position.

She most definitely does dye her hair, it was mentioned briefly in her 'My Style' interview on Refinery29.com. I do like her hair color a lot, and every time I see a picture of her where her hair looks really good it makes me want to dye it. And then I see a picture of Kate Lanphear, and I think I'm pretty ok with being blonde, for the time being.

Definitely digging her haircolor though.

I´m sorry to say that but she could really use a bra. It looks unflattering because of the chest shape IMO.

The saying about eventually having to chose between your body and your face is true. Taylor is looking very aged recently compared to her older pics.

To be honest, I really didn't see this coming but good for her I guess (WWD) :

Quote:
MAKING BARNEYS’ LIST: Barneys New York is said to be zeroing in on Taylor Tomasi Hill as the luxury retailer’s next fashion director. Sources said Hill, the style and accessories director at Marie Claire, has made the short list of new chief executive officer Mark Lee. As WWD previously reported, Vogue’s Virginia Smith and Sarah Rutson from Lane Crawford were eyed for the position but decided to stay where they were. Before Marie Claire, Hill was accessories director at Teen Vogue. A Barneys spokesman could not be reached for comment.
this is slightly insane...
not saying it couldn't work...
but to go from Sarah Rutson...with so many years of retail experience...
to someone with a very short career and little or no retail background just sounds kooky....or at least VERY risky...

:shock:...

i mean...do they want a spokesmodel or something?...
cause there are hundreds...literally, HUNDREDS... of people more qualified for this job...
wtf?!...
:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda miss her old style. It was softer and more feminine.

i agree!! and im not sure whether she just looks a bit tired or worn out these days but there was this freshness when i first saw her that i feel like is missing now....

Love Taylor's style, both old and new; she's great. But I did notice she looked a little worn out by the time she reached Paris during the last Fashion shows.

I love that she wore blue jeans at least 3 or 4 times during fashion month; she always comes up with not only great mixes in her outfits, but also a nice variety of looks: some very dramatic, feminine, dressy and others more low-key, comfy and casual high-low combinations. To me, her eclectic style rules. I like people with more specific looks (ADR's excess, Kate L's neutral punk-chic) but I don't see Taylor as having one - except maybe eclectic, if that counts :huh: :D

Anyone have the full picture of the picture in the bottom right, with the yellow blouse, quilted shorts, and (denim/corduroy?) jacket? I searched through the whole old thread and couldn't find that exact picture.

img-5.ashx

source: Fashion Confidential UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"